Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off thank you to all who welcomed me. I took my new 709 to the range this afternoon and ran about 200rounds through it it performed well. only issue was point of aim. at first it was shooting low noteven in the circle low left, so i adjusted t the right staigh down the middle just on the bottom adjusted upbut didnt relize a full rotation brought mebackwhere i was, one ahjust full up still low in the eight.Thinking it was me i fired a few through my glock17 in the red so now what.decide to adjust what i was using as the front sight and aimed off the front edge of the slide. I like the 709 and want to use this weapon for EDC but need to work this sighting issue through any suggestions would be appriated.
:confused:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Welcome to TA the best source of information And entertainment.

Check out the forums on the 700's. there are way to many different options. I found a $10 glow worm shotgun sight at academy and after a little work it's on my slim for over 2 yrs and I could not be happier.

The 700's

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Diddos to Harley's sight mod. Mine has been on for bout the same time frame on my EDC plus a Crimson Trace.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
You might try shooting from a bench rest to see if you are pulling it down a little when firing it. This seems to be a problem for some.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I have in chamber laser bore sighters for .40 and 9mm (about $20-25 each). They show the real bore to sight offset. Typically, low or low/left is the shooter and not the gun. Long trigger take up like striker fired guns have make it easier to flub up and yank the gun down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice, I am going to borrow a buddies laser and see what it looks like, I will continue working with this weapon as I want to work this through. Just like any onther challenge one step at a time.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Three years ago I went the same route tring to find a solution for the sights. My bad eyes were no match for the small sight picture on the 709. I can have the front site in focus or the back sites in focus, not both. So, I tried getting the sites to show up better. I tried glow in the dark, highview paints, fiber sights. The best that worked out of the bunch I tried is the Truglo shotgun universal fiber sight in red on the front.

However, the best of all is the Crimson Trace. Day or night (unless it is bright day light --have to rely on the iron sights for that) I just put the dot on where I need to make a hole.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Low and to the left for a right handed shooter usually indicates jerking or slapping the trigger. Try slowly squeezing the trigger from a rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts