Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the "other pistols" section on this forum and came across a guy discovering that he was not able to fire his gun upside down. Its kinda cool that he tested that just from a "what if" scenario. You never know right. I believe his gun was a PT92. Has anyone ever tested this with a 24/7? If not, I guess I will have to test it out next time I go to the range and nobody is looking! :D :shooter:

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
I can really picture the Range Master, walking back in and finding you in that position!! I hope he has a camera, or the place is Video monitored. It would sure make U Tube!!! :devil:

·
Administrator
35,118 Posts
Maybe they can hang a Ransom machine upside down from the ceiling - or they could tie a rope around your ankles and hoist you up that way...... :p

You know, seriously, you could face the opposite wall, back to the target, then bend over and hold the pistol pointed at the target, through your legs....you might even be able to aim, kind of.....

·
Administrator
39,383 Posts
There used to be a Texas state trooper, who did some exhibition shooting. He would fire a round at an axe blade and split it to break balloons on either side of the axe. He would always make it a little more difficult buy holding the gun upside down and pulling the trigger with his little finger. He used a duty weapon, revolver at that. S&W model 28. Yep, that was a few years ago. :eek:

·
Administrator
35,118 Posts
If you search that out on youtube, you can see exhibition shooters doing exactly what you describe - they're amazing.....

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've done the old Jim Cirillo trick with my 24/7 .40----Gun upside down and firing with my pinky finger.

It works. :)

·
Administrator
39,383 Posts
But can ya hit anything?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Haven't gotten around to firing my 24/7 upside down yet, but I do practice firing upside down. Also laying down sideways both sides, sitting, prone, supine, and while moving. I shoot all of those single (weak and strong) and two handed. One of these days I will build a target on some kind of an R/C platform so I can practice with a randomly moving target (wife driving is about as random as it gets). I don't shoot at a range so I can pretty much shoot however I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts