Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll I've got a rookie question. I have a model 92 AF with a broken firing pin, and I can't seem to find one on any gun parts sight so I was wondering if I can use a Beretta 92 firing pin in my gun, I tried downloading a parts compatibility list from here but haven't had any luck doing so. :confused:

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Welcome to the TA forum, from central Iowa. I'm sure some of our knowledgeable member will be along shortly to answer your question. Stick around, you'll enjoy it. I'm happy you found our friendly family.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Welcome to TA from Jacksonville, FL.

That's a great question and I will be looking for the correct answer since I own a PT-92 as well.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Checking the exploded view of the PT-92 diagram against a stock Beretta 92 firing pin, they do look extremely similar.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
If you find the part, it may be over the price of having it shipped back to Taurus to warranty repair it. If the pin will cost over $50 with shipping, I would just send it to Miami.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
The other thing that comes to my mind is how old is the gun. As the years went on Taurus made minor changes to things. Did the change the firing pin??? I don't have a clue. What about Beretta, did they make minor changes over time?

If you try it out please let us know how it works.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Montkun
1 - 8 of 8 Posts