Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to only remove the firing pin block (encircled in the pic)? Will it make the trigger more crisp since there will be less moving parts when you pull the trigger? thanks in advance guys :)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Well, most 1911's are series 70; so they don't have a firing pin block... Personally I like that feature, so I won't be changing mine.

You can remove it, dry fire it and see if it makes a difference; it might make the trigger a little lighter. Now I'm a little curious myself...might have to give it a try. Probably won't be much that spring is pretty light/weak.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got rid of the 80 series safety and had my gunsmith put in fabricated spacer from 4140 steel fitted and polished it. It works fine and I felt the trigger moving smoothly after taking out all those moving parts. Less mechanical parts to worry about failing :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had to remove my block today. I thought I had caught the spring, but my old eyes missed it and away it went. I don't carry in condition 2 anyway, so I'm not worried about that. What I am worried about is the lever mechanism flopping around in the breeze. Any chance that could get messed up? I don't plan on using my sidearm (we never do, do we...) until I can get to the 'smith and get a new spring. Any issues shooting with only the block and spring missing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts