Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years I have noticed it is VERY hard to get a lot of the good firearms related products here in Canada.
We can get them but every time I call any store to order something they say it will be 6 months to a year to get it in.
That goes for holsters, reloading supplies and any special order guns.

The problem seems to have three parts to it.
One: Theres very little gun related stuff thats made here in country, it all has to be imported.
Two: Theres a fair bit of paperwork and stuff at customs.
Three: The USA doesnt easily distribute their firearms related products to Canada and some other countries are even worse.

I was thinking what if somebody were to form an import export business and fight/organize to get a lot of the legal red tape and import time reduced.

Would something like this work.

So when I call a shop to order a product they can say no problem we have a supplier set up and a lot of the paperwork done in advance so it will only take a month as opposed to a year.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The primary problem is POLITICS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER, it would probably be a long costly battle knowing how politics works!:mad:

I even threatened to drive over the border at International Falls / Fort Francis to get a replacement crapper seeing as how the "Eco-Freaks" here in the U.S. mandates everyone buys a 1.3 gallon flusher to save water even when you have to flush them 3 or 4 times to prevent them from plugging up if you have a healthy bowel movement!!!!

·
10,379 Posts
I even threatened to drive over the border at International Falls / Fort Francis to get a replacement crapper seeing as how the "Eco-Freaks" here in the U.S. mandates everyone buys a 1.3 gallon flusher to save water even when you have to flush them 3 or 4 times to prevent them from plugging up if you have a healthy bowel movement!!!!
Hey, when ya do , let me know, I'll have you pick a few up for my house! (damn midget toilets, feel like I'm sitting on my ankles half the time). I have my own well and own septic, why the %^%# should I be concerned with what some tofu eating freak in California says is the "correct" amount of water for me to use is? Not to mention, give CA a few years and they'll probably link toilets and their use to cancer and we'll all be back to crapping in the woods with the bears.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Luckily we've had the same toilet for 20+ years. If it were any stronger, the walls might shake when we flush. Lol

·
17,581 Posts
The primary problem is POLITICS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER, it would probably be a long costly battle knowing how politics works!:mad:

I bought a 70's era house, it still had the big ones! A friend of mine found some at a recycled construction material outfit. They had about 100. No plumber would install them as they aren't to code, so he did it himself.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I bought a 70's era house, it still had the big ones! A friend of mine found some at a recycled construction material outfit. They had about 100. No plumber would install them as they aren't to code, so he did it himself.
That's what I did. One is an ugly avocado green, but I won't replace it because I don't want to go back to a small eco "friendly" toilet.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
On firearms, there are software solutions importers/exporters can buy to do things electronically and manage all the required documentation. This might save some time, but the real back log is in processing once they are recieved by their respective governments. I've spent lots of time going between the US and Canada and I have seen some interesting things shipping/transporting stuff between the 2 countries. I had a trade show booth, nothing more that a table, a steel frame for a backdrop, and some hardware to assemble it take 6 weeks to clear customs into Canada from the US. I can only imagine what it is like to ship firearms :)

On the toilet front I am in complete agreement. We are remodeling and I am seriously thinking about driving down to Laredo (I aint takin my pickup into Neuvo Laredo) and buying a couple of new ones down there for the same reasons, I want one that works!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts