Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe post limit has been raised to 25. There were to many people coming on and posting 10 senseless posts to get their post count high enough.

SOrry for any inconvenience this caused.

If you have a listing in there now and are not able to access that forum, please feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I agree with the decision; wouldn't be against an even higher limit just to keep people on the up and up. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi flyer,

i am one of the people who posted in order to get 10 posts so i could get to see the classifieds. i even said in one of them that that's precisely what i was doing.

i guess i should have been dishonest and just posted stuff just for the sake of posting in order to reach 10 posts but not revealed my intent. honesty was not the best policy in this case.

though i do not have the requisite 25 posts required to see the classifies, i'm on the "up and up," despite mrglock's ridiculous assertion that 25 posts makes for a guy who's on the up and up.

i have flawless feedback on ebay, gunbroker and the florida firearms network.

i want a taurus and am looking to buy used. is there a way you can manipulate this so those with fewer than 25 posts can at least read the classifieds without having the ability to post there?

that way, newer members could read and possibly buy there by searching for seller's member name and PMing them or emailing them if they see something they want to purchase.

25 posts does not an honest person make. an honest man is an honest man and a crook is a crook. it's that simple. number of posts has nothing to do with honesty, for heaven's sake! what a huge, simplistic, nonsensical crock of fecal matter!!!

i met a fellow forum member just tonight who allowed me to test-fire his model 651. i'm interested in buying one and he was kind enough to meet me at a nearby range so i could check the recoil with .357 rounds. his member name is jimlally and he's real nice guy. we "met" here.

this is what i think a forum like this if for; to promote fellowship and exchange information and maybe buy or sell a firearm or two.

now you have created two "classes" of forum citizens. those with 25 or more posts and the "untouchables," those with less than 25 posts who are apparently not trustworthy enough to allow in to the classified domain.

anyway, i think the 25 post requirement is subjective and foolish. it will promote meaningless, BS posts from those that want to look at the classifieds.

can you explain what purpose this increase serves? according to mrglock, it will keep people "on the up and up." what the hell does the number of posts a person has here have to do with their character and honesty? maybe i'm missing something but i don't think so.

and you, mrglock, you would be in favor of an even higher number of posts to "qualify" someone for looking at the classifieds?

where would you like to see the number set. 188 perhaps?

i hate when "power" goes to people's heads. that seems to be the case here.

someone sets the magic number at 10. and a few people, who admitted they were posting so they could reach the magic number of 10 posts do so and thus attain the magic number. and if they were crooks before, well they are now honest men. it's a bloody miracle!

but guess what? the rules change and the "magic" number gets increased from 10 to 25. what a joke!

i have an idea i may be banned after this. in all honesty, i think i will manage to do without this forum. there are plenty of other forums which have a fair number of taurus owners which are run by guys who aren't on little power trips.

mike

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
The limit used to be 10 posts but some members were doing garbage posts. Rather than continue to have to ask people to have posts that actually contribute something, we chose to raise the limit. And the Staff has been known to delete posts that are total garbage.

The 25 post limit does give prospective buyers/sellers a chance to see what type of person you appear to be. Yes, it is very easy to portray yourself as someone you aren't but its a chance. You can also check a seller's previous posts to see if they have had any issues with said gun and whether they were resolved.

I feel that the classifieds are for the benefit of our members. Some forums I'm a member at don't allow any sales at all or don't allow actual firearms sales (just accessories). I chose to be a member at other forums for the people and the knowledge shared, not just to find a good deal (not that I'd complain mine you).

I know that many of our members were/are know to each other outside of the internet. I do know that one member here heard about the forum from me when I was responding to a online For Sale add about a some guns he had for sale. I did end up buying one from him (my M650) but during said correspondence I also included links to other places he could try to sell his excess "hardware".

As an aside, even before the change we don't have a real active classifieds section. It would be nice if we did but we've been up and running for only 10 months. I guess I'd rather have less overall activity but a well mannered group than lots of activity but feeling like I have to ride herd on a regular basis.

Steelheart

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry ... rules are rules. I was set in place intitially to deter fraudulant use. If you make it more difficult for one to access, then it will deter them to an easier target, thus helping to eliminate bogus offers.

I would normally send this kind of message through PM, but since you insist on insulting the forum, rules, members, and the staff's ability to control the /power' we do have, I will say, while you are more than welcome to continue posting here, remember, you came on your own. Some would have just rather have banned you and be done with it, but I refrained them from convincing those who could that you needed a ban. Instead, we just raised the limit. I'm sorry that it crimped your shopping.

ALso, when the rule was first set in place, it was announced that once the forum aged a little, it would be raised anyways.

·
Registered
539 Posts
MikeM my friend, you won't push me into an online shoving match, it just ain't gonna happen.. but do keep in mind, you have joined a community to share information first and to shop last. Good luck in whatever your decision.

188? Actually, I am now thinking 189... :'(

·
Registered
60 Posts
While i dont like not being able to see the forum until 10/25 posts it is the norm to not be able to post in a for sale section until you are an established member. Since the people in control have decided thats the way it should be then i respect the decision. Even when i fist saw that i thought 10 was a low number if you were going to ave a limit it should be higher than 10.

just my .02

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the support. :)

Just think ... it could always be worse. Another forum I frequent, unrelated subject content, has a 50 post/6mth waiting period.

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1 on what 98redorangeta said.

I had one or two posts on the "post inflating thread" which, from the light-hearted tone of the thread, I erroneously assumed was to prevent spammers from invading the site. Feel free to delete any of my posts which were contrary to the spirit of the post limit policy.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The idea of the waiting period is actually a novel idea, but I leave the policy-making to the powers that be. I also agree with 98; I thought the 'post rule' of 10 was surprisingly low.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
To anyone who wants to get your post numbers up...Just participate in the spirit of what this, and most forums are all about.
Ask questions. Give advice. Offer opinions. Greet other new members.
Your count will be up in no time, and you won't appear to be a fool.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Or you could just post a question Why would anyone complain about such a small matter? Heck people got guns in here that don't work. Much more important info in this forum to me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
mrglock said:
I agree shooter; I didn't join this forum to try and snag a gun; I want to make the ones I have better.
+1
I came here to learn something about my guns. Actually I trolled other forums before finding this one and trolled here before I even bought my guns. Wanted some honest opinions on taurus guns. I ws wondering about the quality of a $300 gun and probably have ended up spending more getting something else.

THANKS GUYS!! If not for your efforts I would have never considered Taurus for my first gun. :D

ps didn't even know or care about points until I saw where someone listed the points system for the titles under the names. :eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Flyer, I agree with this change.

Besides, it isn't really at all difficult to post 25 legitimate posts on this board if you are an active board member helping with questions, posting your own questions, and/or chatting on one topic or the other.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yep your never to old to learn. As far as the $300.00 guns Stephpd, I just believe we are the smart ones, when our guns come with more features and preform as well or better for 3 to 4 hundred less we can laugh all the way to the bank. :) :yipee:

·
Registered
39 Posts
stephpd said:
+1
I came here to learn something about my guns. Actually I trolled other forums before finding this one and trolled here before I even bought my guns. Wanted some honest opinions on taurus guns. I ws wondering about the quality of a $300 gun and probably have ended up spending more getting something else.

THANKS GUYS!! If not for your efforts I would have never considered Taurus for my first gun. :D

ps didn't even know or care about points until I saw where someone listed the points system for the titles under the names. :eek:
I came here to learn about my recent purchase, and Taurus as a whole. Due to the massive amount of data, reviews, and personal opinions of the members here, I find myself contemplating another revolver, as well as a 92.
Good stuff!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
To anyone who wants to get your post numbers up...Just participate in the spirit of what this, and most forums are all about.
Ask questions. Give advice. Offer opinions. Greet other new members.
Your count will be up in no time, and you won't appear to be a fool.
I agree...i never joined to buy something, i think that is what E-Bay is for...the forums are for having a good time with others with the same interest....people do chose to come here..i think most want to just be part of a cool forum...and ..Taurus forums are few...(thank you Flyer and staff for this one)... i like to see anything that combats spammers and trolls..they can really mess up things on a forum.. to all the staff here..Keep up the good work :)
love ya all ;)

didn't even know or care about points until I saw where someone listed the points system for the titles under the names. Shocked
stephpd...
that was me probally that posted that..i was having fun on a post i read in here, may have not been a good idea though..sorry
My wife is a part of a staff on another forum, and sometimes they try to outpost each other, it makes more work on the mods in there but they also contribute...maybe what is good for one forum might not be good for another....staff..sorry if i was out of line on that...BTW..her forum has alot of mods, ours doesn't, so i guess we should all remember that the mods donate there time in here, and they have lives too.. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Flyer said:
Thank you for the support. :)

Just think ... it could always be worse. Another forum I frequent, unrelated subject content, has a 50 post/6mth waiting period.
No problem thanks for the forum :)

Yes I also frequent a car forum that has a 50 post / 6month so 25 seems more than fair. If your in the maket for a gun it souldent hard to get 25 posts with just posts asking about the gun from members who have that model.

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know what forum your talking about. :) I'm a mod over there too, on the trucks side actually. Small world huh. :p

1 - 20 of 97 Posts