Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,
I purchased a LaserLyte target with LaserLyte training laser along with Tipton snap caps for my firearms so I can practice my trigger control & quick draw and shoot. I just received my target yesterday and I am really liking it and recommend this to everyone that wants to keep up with their training but don't want to use up their ammo while we are facing ammo shortage ordeal.

I am really thrilled with this target, I placed it about 10 yards and practice trigger control and I was so amazed to how much I am off just by squeezing the trigger with wrong breathing. I have learned to correct my breathing as I pull the trigger to remain fixed on the sight. I also learned from a YouTube video that when you are aiming your eye should be always on the front sight and front sight should be on the target without closing one eye. I have been practicing that for a while and with LaserLyte target my grouping is great. I am going to try 20 yards next, then further from that point. I have different firearms so now this LaserLyte target gives me a chance to practice with all of them so I am familiar with all my firearms and believe me they are all different in trigger settings. My 24/7 G2 45 has long trigger pull than my Glock 27 Gen 4, but PT111 Pro is in between of 24/7 & Glock 27.

I am loving this, I will get my trigger control down first then I will practice quick draw and shoot. I found the best position to hold my firearms to shoot for best target hits. I will see if the same position works in the real world shooting at target range.

This is a good investment to get your muscle memory in tack, if/when you are in situation you will always draw and place your firearm on the target as you practice over & over plus you know when you pull the trigger you are hitting your target and nothing else.

Practice with different scenarios to get it down pack, you are not wasting any ammo therefore spend as much time as you want and get it right.....like one of the video stated, armatures practice until they get it right, professional practice until they can't do it wrong :evil:

41CRLx7gIIL._SY100_.jpg 41ScJ3-SHdL._SY100_.jpg 517PtECnzmL._SX100_.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks! I've been considering this device too. The video emphasizes single shot or first shot scenario practice, is that what you been doing with yours?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes.....and I am telling you this is way too cool......I learn to get my firearm on target and pull the trigger and I am within the circle all the time now, of course I don't continuously keep firing, instead I holster it or rack it as real live situation then re-position on the target and follow my trigger control steps to complete my shot. The more I practice the better I will become. The other great thing about it is to see where your shots are you have to point and shoot the display button (lower left red dot), that is smaller than the actual target so that's a challenge at first then reset button (lower right red dot) to clear the shots.

I practice for a while and my hand got tired from squeezing the firearm for that long but very good thing to have.....I am glad I made this purchase.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice to hear good things about the LaserLyte. I've been looking at getting a set for my 24/7, but its a bit pricy for an impulse buy.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I bought a set and I've saved a heck of a lot of money on ammo and range fees. This really helps out.

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Thanks! I've been considering this device but i Like the kaboom but it would help with ammo cost

jhp

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I have had one of these setups for a couple of years now. It paid for itself in less than a month with the ammo saved. Ok, it doesn't go bang but it is an invaluable training tool. BlkDragon's setup is the ideal one since it can be transferred to different calibers.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I've been drooling over these for Years but have never been able to let go of the $$$ especially when I can find real ammo.
I know it would likely pay for itself with a few weeks of practice time but the real thing keeps distracting Me.

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
It looks like a very useful tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts