Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Mine were the dove tail ones. On my PT145

PT145 WFS 3.jpg

BTW it is a Gen 3 if that makes any difference.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Dovetails on my PT140. One of the rear optics came out and I found it. I put a drop of superglue on each one at the front of the rear sight.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
All the Mil-Pro's should be dovetails.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
great posts, all of them, and the pictures were of super quality! Thanks! and each of you have a Merry Christmas and remember to Vote in 2012!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Just wat I have been looking for..... I posted a thread looking for this kind of sight and here it is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My rear sight is in there extremely tight, the wrench that came with the gun broke after a half-hearted try, the only other one I have that fits is twisting on its self but not budging the screw. How did you guys get that sucker out?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
My rear sight is in there extremely tight, the wrench that came with the gun broke after a half-hearted try, the only other one I have that fits is twisting on its self but not budging the screw. How did you guys get that sucker out?

Get a high quality Allen/HEX wrench of the proper size. They are inexpensive. Once you have enough torque the screw will "snap" and come out easily. Some people heat the sight with a hot hair dryer, but that had had mixed results.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm just going to find a gunsmith to do it, I can see myself screwing it up.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I'm just going to find a gunsmith to do it, I can see myself screwing it up.
That's not a bad idea. I am batting .500 doing it myself on my two PT145's.

The first pair went very smoothly but on the second pair I stripped the set screw on the front sight and ended up having to buy a screw extractor to remove it.

So in the future if I ever think about changing out sights I will seriously consider letting a pro do it.

Reactions: John.w

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got as postcard in the mail today, "Thank you for your recent order. The item that you requested is temporarily out of stock. It will be shipped as soon as it becomes available." So no fire sights for me for a while.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I got as postcard in the mail today, "Thank you for your recent order. The item that you requested is temporarily out of stock. It will be shipped as soon as it becomes available." So no fire sights for me for a while.
Hopefully it won't be too long.

·
Registered
44 Posts
John.w, where did you order the sights from?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the info. That prompted me to call Williams to check on my order. 30 plus days out. Order cancelled. I will go with Novaks and have a smith put them in instead.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts