Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember my previous posts where I inherited my dad's primary gun, a stainless Sig P226 in 9mm. The gun was having some issues with springs and the trigger assembly, and I sent it into Sig for a complete breakdown, spring replacement, and they threw in tritium sights as well, all for about $140. Well worth the price, and it fixed the gun up to where it's practically a new gun. So, I've decided to finish the job and deck it out where my dad would have been proud to carry it. I bought a 1791 Gunleather holster for it, as well as Cool Hand Sunburst grips. This should finish out all of the upgrades to the gun I've had in mind since I took possession of it in 2016. I'll post up pics of the finished product when I get the grips and have them on. I'll post one with the gun in the holster as well. I'm stoked that this little project is nearing completion.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so the gun is finished ! I'm posting a pic of the old grips, then the gun with the new grips and also the holster. The grips look even better than I thought they would, and the holster is very well made and fits the Sig like a glove.

-

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I ordered the grips, I didn't realize that they were wraparounds, but they feel really good in my big hands. Smaller hands might have a little more trouble grasping the gun correctly, I guess it would just depend. I think getting this gun back to fighting condition and showing it a little love is just a small tip of my hat to my father, and the gun he left me. I can't wait to carry this gun now.

·
Super Moderator
37,570 Posts
When I ordered the grips, I didn't realize that they were wraparounds, but they feel really good in my big hands. Smaller hands might have a little more trouble grasping the gun correctly, I guess it would just depend. I think getting this gun back to fighting condition and showing it a little love is just a small tip of my hat to my father, and the gun he left me. I can't wait to carry this gun now.
Getting pretty close to BBQ gun status IMO!! ;)

What a beautiful remembrance.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Pretty gun.......you did good!

I might just have to consider a set of those grips?

I have the older style 228 with the blued steel slide. I paid $300 (!!!) for mine at a pawn shop (long story). It came with one bad 10 round mag....it would not function consistently- thats probably why it was so cheap?
It looked terrible- like it had never been cleaned. Once I figured out the mag was bad....I ordered 2x15 from Greg Cote and it has never malfunctioned since.
Someone obviously did a trigger job on it because the DA/SA is like 8/3....and thats from memory. Everyone who shoots it thinks its the best shooter they have ever seen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts