Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations Flyer, though I'm afraid we'll be requiring pics of your new purchase shortly. :D

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi res pics are available upon request. :)

I would like some grips, but the wife may try and shoot me if I try and spend some more money for the gun I already got. She wasn't happy about how much it cost.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats Flyer
I got the powder burner and she got the hay burner

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very Nice! It is actually nice to see pictures of a new one again. That's what mine looked like before it took it to the range for the first time. Bought it new on Nov 29th, shot exactly 110 rounds on Dec 8th. Put it in a box and shipped it back to Taurus.
On the 110th round ejection cycle, the slide LOCKED as in FROZE 3/8" back from full forward. Even the gun range gunsmith couldn't get it to move. The spent cartridge was free in the chamber so it wasn't the round.
Taurus Customer Service was great, the even sent FEDEX to my house to pick up the gun. It's been waiting in their sick gun ward since Dec 13th to see the doctor. Believe them when the say 7 weeks before you will hear what went wrong. I spoke with them last Thursday and they said they just started working on guns they received Nov 20th. Actually I guess they got behind over the holidays because it is actually 8+ weeks on the back log now.
So, if you haven't been to the range with your's, good luck. I wish you all the best. In the mean time, I picked up a SIG P229 Elite SS in 40S&W. It is a sweet shooting machine. It will keep me busy till the PT1911 finds its way home. :-\

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Lucky!!!! :D
Wow..Flyer, nice pics 8)

I will be saying the same thing one day, i really want a 1911 ;)

Oh yea ... I meant to mention earlier too, this thing was DRY when I picked it up. No lubrication what so ever!
Yikees...is that normal

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice pics, Flyer. As a photographer pro I must say you've got one helluva lens. Every speck of dust, etc. Don't take any portraits with that lens! Actually, if you back off a bit and use natural light instead of flash you'll have a less "clinical" pic.

My dos centavos.

As for the pistol, I have the exact same, and once I got the sights adjusted properly it shoots to the point of aim every time and has yet to malfunction. At the range today, after I'd blown most of the black out of a paper target, the rangemaster came up, looked at the Taurus, and said, "I seen ads in American Rifleman, this is the first one I ever seen in the flesh. Looks like it does the job, I'd say."

I offered to let him shoot it, but he declined.

Great gun.

bpereira, sorry to hear about your gun's failure. Also disappointed at Taurus' repair wait time. I bought mine a couple of weeks ago and now have about 600 rounds through it. Hadn't cleaned it until tonight. Wanted to see how it shot dirty.

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks! :) I can't tell ya'll how happy I am with the gun. I'm more excited I just got it, and still a little disbelief my wife gave me the OK to get it, in lieu of going to the race track of all things. Kinda funny cause I found out the track was closed on the way to out of town looking for the gun. I didn't tell her til later, still before I picked it up.

The pics I thought were kinda crappy. Would you believe that's out of just a plain ole Kodak digital camera, CX875 maybe??? I did have to use the manual focus, the auto focus pisses me off on close ups like that. It will look for the right focus and pass up a clear picture in favor of something BLURRY as hell. The light in this room sucks, it's only a 60watt equivelant of the flourescent bulb in a cieling fan. It's way under lite for the room, but it's nice during the evenings since it's not much light.

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did get to shoot the 1911 a little today. I put 50 rounds through it and am more enthused with the purchase than I already was. I'm no crack shot, but I did surprise myself with the accuracy of the 1911. I did some things I know I couldn't have done with the MilPro. I can't wait to get some more time with it.

I will say, my small hands have a hard time reaching the slide release without adjusting my grip much. I think I will be looking for a slide release extension. I found some nice grips on ebay last night, but they will have to wait. I think some of those bone grips would set it off very nicely and make it quite unique.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.