Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I have owned an UZI Eagle 9mm full sized steel pistol made in Israel by IMI. Great gun all around. Came with a chrome lined polygonal bore, tritium night sights, a durable finish, and was just flat out accurate beyond reason. I didn't really care that it was a de-cocker version, and as a bullet caster I would certainly rather have the conventionally rifled barrel. Negatives aside, it was still a very good pistol.

I finally said "to heck with it" and today I went and bought a CZ-75B Stainless and boy am I happy. It isn't really decidedly better in its feel, fit, finish, recoil, recovery, pointability, or accuracy. But it somehow just feels better to have "the original" instead of "a clone". And this new gun has the thumb safety with which I am so familiar, as my duty sidearm is a 5" Gov't 1911.

Plus I'm already excited about all the lead bullets I can cast and shoot thru my new CZ!!!

Here she is, posing this morning for a pic. I think the photo came out rather well. It's a good looking pistol. :)

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats and good choice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Simply beautiful nitesite, congratulations Sir!

·
Super Moderator
35,705 Posts
I like it! Congratulations, it's a beaut.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Very nice pistol...Congratulations and enjoy :)

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Very nice indeed!

Congrats!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Great looking pistol, let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
That's a beaut! Mine's a tack driver, but I didn't get the best accuracy out of it for 6-700 rounds. Once that barrel deburred itself it settled down to a fer real shootin' machine. I love the stainless models - you're making me jealous. :D

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Very very nice! I wouldn't be sad at all if I owned an IMI pistol, but you can't go wrong with a genuine CZ75. It really is one of the best pistols ever made. I have owned two in the past along with a CZ40, and can't for the life of me remember why I traded them. There are so many fantastic handguns out there these days that it's hard to make choices, but I do hope to have another CZ in the safe someday. It would definitely be either a CZ75 Phantom, or a CZ97B. My brother has the 97, and really likes it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Very good guns, Those CZ. I will be looking to get one for myself sometime in the future.
Enjoy your new pistol. My brother has the Phantom as mentioned before and it rarely has a failure of any kind. It only malfunctioned with some factory ammo before due to the ammo not be taper crimped or the bullet being to long.

Revolverfan,

As I said before, The Phantom is a great gun. Try to shoot both of them before you buy tho, As I only have first hand experience with the Phantom. It prefers 124 GR, Well this one does anyways. Much better accuracy with it.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Super looking pistol.Congrats on the new member of the family.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts