Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
loved it, ran 200 round through it, took it home field stripped and cleaned it, its now sitting with golden sabre HP rounds.

only problem i have is, is there anything that can be done to shorten the pull of the trigger, and does anyone else have the same complaint?

·
Administrator
35,766 Posts
Jbaker, it's a SA/DA trigger pull - it requires a long, smooth pull, this is the way it's designed......

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WildRice said:
The first pull is long, but if you use trigger control after the shot, you will find that the reset distance is short for follow up shots.
thats what i had to learn, it confused me at one point when i would get mid-mag and allow the trigger all the way back out, not realizing it, i couldnt figure why i had to pull so far again, i need to get back to the range and work with it some more

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can learn it at home with snap caps. Start with a COMPLETELY EMPTY gun and magazine. Load snap caps (common name for dummy rounds that can be purchased at you LGS (local gun store) into the magazine, and cycle the slide.

Pull the trigger back lightly til you feel resistance and stop. You're now set.

Pull the trigger the rest of the way and then HOLD IT ALL THE WAY BACK. While holding it back, cycle the slide with your other hand, ejecting the snap cap and feeding the next.

Ease the trigger forward SLOWLY. You will feel and hear it click. That's all the farther you should let the trigger travel forward, cause it's ready to rock and roll again.

Now practice this alot.

I often do this with just one snap cap. Instead of racking the slide all the way back, I just pull it back far enough to reset the firing pin and trigger. You can tell by feel and sound.

Hope this helps, and for Pete's sake, don't use live ammo!

·
Administrator
35,766 Posts
Actually, if you just have an empty magazine and chamber, you can still get a feel for it. Making sure the gun is completely empty, as well as the magazine, insert said magazine into the well, then release the slide. Now, when you pull the trigger, the pull is a smooth, single-action pull. After you hear the click, pull the trigger again - this is now the stiffer, double-action pull that you only encounter if you get a dud round.

·
Administrator
40,861 Posts
My PT111 is DAO, my PT145 is DA/SA. Wouldn't mind if the .45 were DAO also. Both have been flawless, but I really like DAO. Must be a revolver man at heart. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts