Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
USPOS.. as I call it, decided they would send my revolver instead of Hernando County from Tampa, to Miami.. for no reason. Then back to Tampa, then to Jacksonville, then to Hernando County... no.. point..

I'm convinced they are either anti-gun, incompetent, or it's a vast conspiracy against me to not own that revolver. I waited over a year for it... regardless!
Took it over to my friends place, put 30 rounds through it just to test, and functioned perfectly.

Taurus.png
Sights.png
Ah dem sights, brings back memories of BF3 in Operation Metro..

I'll get shooting videos and pics later, have to get a SD card for my GoPro.

Now per my philosophy of gun buying. Buy what you always have wanted, not something you just see and begin to like. Next up, S&W 4506! Blame Ving Rhames from Pulp Fiction..

·
Registered
24,537 Posts
Well you got it back. Congrats.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good choice for quality and price. Life time warranty isn't bad either. Bought my 4"er in 2009 and it's functioned perfect ever since. It's really only a 2 7/8" barrel since there's 1 1/8" free bore under the eight tuned exhaust ports. If you've shot a single action non compensated, you sure know the recoil difference. Mine is more like 357 recoil than 44 mag.
Your Taurus taking the scenic route is similar to a Cap & Ball bid I won out of Texas last month. Made it up to Oklahoma City, turned right to Springfield, Mo. Sat there two days then sent to Houston. USPS updated the label and tried again. After eight days it finally made Kansas. Dorthy was getting worried.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it ended up taking 3 extra days which had me worried, but it's in my possession now, safe and sound.

Jeez so I'm not the only one. Yeah, nothing against the GB seller, but I refuse to buy from a seller who ships via USPS. This happened to me with my SIG SG 551 I won in a bid war. Coming from Utah, only to have it stay there, in Utah, for 2 weeks while they "sort" it. I was furious as they took their time, and finally near a month later I get it, box screwed up with dings and scratches in the finish where there are puncture holes in the box. Looked like someone took a steel rod and start stabbing at the damn thing.

But the recoil, (I off handed, 1 handed) was so light, so mannered, it was like shooting a .380 ACP. I think this thing qualifies as a the perfect combat magnum, recoil is extremely manageable for follow up shots, plus it just looks great!

I'm happy! :D

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
congratulations-2271.gif

I really like my 44SS8!

Reactions: JPM44
1 - 6 of 6 Posts