Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

You are looking a an owner of a brand new Stainless Pt 1911!!!! Picked it up yesterday! I am so happy and i gotta say that it seems to have been worth the wait by the looks and feel of it. Very tight and i love the new box they are coming in. Much better finish than the one on the Taurus website...in fact it looks totally different. Polished on the sides and matte stainless everywhere else. Here are some pics I took. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
The mythical beast has been located!

Even the case looks good. I suspect whenever I feel like getting another 1911 that I know what I'll be looking for now....

Steelheart

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics. ;D ;D ;D

·
32,481 Posts
Now that the legendary mythical beast is a reality everyone will be knocking down the doors at the local gun stores to get one. ;)

Being as you are the first to get said SS PT1911, please submit a 30,000 word or more range report ( deranged report?), in triplicate, to Flyer's virtual desk by Monday morning. ;D :eek: ;)

Actually we can never find Flyer's virtual desk, but a regular range report would be nice if and when you can. :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Would you mind letting us know the price paid? I am scraping my penny's together as I type.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my first post since i've been kinda just watching and reading on the other gun forums to see which one i liked most and by far this one is the best one i've found...good bunch of folks. My guy told me that he got it from Elliott Brothers Distributing. Said that they said they just started shipping in late november. He is actually my brother-in-law. I read somewhere on this sight that the first three letters of the serial number tell you when it was made. Mine says NAW*****. Can anyone tell me when it was made?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was actually an early christmas present from my wife. She doesnt want to tell me how much, but i asked her brother and he said it was like $610.00 i think. All depending on the weather i'll be putting a bunch of rounds through this Saturday.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Kiloalfa, welcome to the family of Taurus Armed dot net.
Congrats on your 1911SS. You'd better be real good
to your wife this Christmas. Because she took real
good care of you! (LOL)

By the way, I just got off gunbroker dot com. I found one dealer
that had a 1911SS there. Just one, so far. And, he had his listed for
an opening bid of $575. He had the "buy now" option for $590; & he
would pay shipping.

I know that last part is a moot point for you, kiloalfa. But, it's just
for information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am just so happy to be one of the first to have them. I was kinda sceptical on how the finish was going to turn out, but i love the contrast of the matte and polished. Trigger feels great. iId guess 4.25 - 4.50 lbs no creep. Way better than the Kimber custom I used to own. Not knocking Kimber its just that this one feels better than the one I purchased a while back. Traded it in Towards a rifle because it was picky with ammo. We'll see how this one fairs. Question, how do you guys put the guns you own on the bottom of your posts?

·
Registered
539 Posts
kiloalfa said:
Question, how do you guys put the guns you own on the bottom of your posts?
Click on your "profile", then click on "forum profile information" and then add your list in the "signature" section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
son of a @$%[email protected]

now i have to go buy one. i was telling myself that it woudl be a few months before these came out and i was gonna be a good boy and not buy stuff for myself at xmas. now i'm gonna look like a selfish SOB

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice kiloalfa and welcome to the forum.
You're going to be the envy of everyone here on the PT1911 board now heh. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
kiloalfa said:
I am just so happy to be one of the first to have them. I was kinda sceptical on how the finish was going to turn out, but i love the contrast of the matte and polished. Trigger feels great. iId guess 4.25 - 4.50 lbs no creep. Way better than the Kimber custom I used to own. Not knocking Kimber its just that this one feels better than the one I purchased a while back. Traded it in Towards a rifle because it was picky with ammo. We'll see how this one fairs. Question, how do you guys put the guns you own on the bottom of your posts?

DAMN!!! I wasn't the first to get one this time... (*@[email protected]$_)(#)&%@*#^!(&@# LOL! Glad they are atleast on appearing on the market.

I am picking mine up this Sunday from Gabes Gunshop here in Iowa. Will be posting pics soon too :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Anyone care to make a contibution to me. I am headed to a gun show this weekend ? Don't think I can swing it. ;D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I don't need to be tempted this close to Christmas! I had made up my mind to wait on the .45 OSS. Well I guess that my blued PT1911 needs a brother. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts