Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I said in the other thread, I finally made it out to the range Thursday after 3 months ???

I took both 24/7's and my wife's new pink PT111

I also finally got a chance to shoot "Fluffy" aka the 500 Magnum

Let me fist say I had to wait to type this out cause friday my hand was aching bad ha-ha

The recoil from most of the ammo was not bad but the 500gr 600gr and 700gr

The only way I could figure out how to describe the 500gr and up was to imagine holding an aluminum bat in one hand and hitting a steal poll with it really hard ;D

The recoil or muzzle rise was manageable but the feeling in your hand was harsh. I shot about 50 rounds through it and at 25 yards it was dead on with the lighter rounds (400gr and less) the 500gr and heavier rounds printed a little low and I know why, After the first 500gr round I was anticipating the recoil ;)

I wish I would have taken my camera but I did not think about it till I got to the range. We shot till dark and I forgot to grab the targets and my wife did not feel like staying for the next cease fire. I did shoot 2 rounds at 100 yards sand bagged and was able to keep them in a 10" circle but my eyes are so bad I could barely see the thing that far down range, but at least I hit the target :eek:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Your hand will probably ache like that for a day or two.
Everytime I have a shooting session with my 500, I experience the same thing. :D :D :D

Thanks for the range report Mike. :)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
You guys have any trouble shooting that beast at the handgun range? At Tacoma Sport'smans they told one guy who was shooting a 500 to transfer over to the rifle range. Guess the report and recoil was too much for the rangemaster.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They told me I could shoot at the 10 yard targets as long as they were not a lot of people around, as more people started to show up they wanted to me to move over to the rifle side, so I just stopped shooting it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts