Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BOOM was surprising but in the greatest of ways haha
Had to get that out of the way, but all in all, I'm liking the gun.

The sights are awkward for me... And a few other people from what I have read. And the recoil isn't any worse than my fathers full size 9mm.

I'm a horrible shot with a pistol, but 25 rounds into it I was at least consistently bad lol kept em all in the black (except for the few 5 or 6 that missed the circles all together but still managed to hit the paper)

Only 2 ftf's both of which I'm pretty sure were me and my grip (I'm a man's man and I refuse to call it "limp wrist" haha)

But I plan on ordering new rear dots from Taurus and buying another 100 rounds. With some more practice I'm sure I will love this gun. But for now, its nice just getting to know her better. Oh and I love cleaning this gun, she is a breeze. I think I might be doing some stuff wrong but I will save that for another post :yipee::yipee::yipee:

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, had 2 light strikes. But that was most likely ammo. The federal ammo was fine. Only had problems with the Winchester white box.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Enjoy the new pistol ! Practise as much as you can so that the pistol will break in.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Glad you had a good time at the Range. I still have not taken my PT140 MilPro to the Range.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the ammo to burn through then go as often as you can. It is a nice gun. I actually plan on going again today. Practice practice practice .... those sights are hard for me to figure out so far. I'm "consistant" enough for the little bit of time have behind the gun. Next trip to the range I will be loading some snap caps in the mag to see how bad I am flinching when I anticipate the Bang and recoil. But have fun with your pt140 and let us know how it goes

CreekFisher

·
Administrator
36,606 Posts
Oh, had 2 light strikes. But that was most likely ammo. The federal ammo was fine. Only had problems with the Winchester white box.
Congrats on the new Mil Pro - they sure are fun to shoot.

Did you get the two rounds to fire by just pulling the trigger again? Just curious.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea. That double strike feature is nice. I never shot a gun that could do that... granted my shooting experience was little to none before I bought my guns this last year lol (and you're not going to imply that I had a... dare I say it?! ... limp wrist!!?? Lol)

CreekFisher

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
"BOOM"?? Hope you're wearing ear protection. Hope you enjoy your PT140 as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
The BOOM was surprising but in the greatest of ways haha
Had to get that out of the way, but all in all, I'm liking the gun.

The sights are awkward for me... And a few other people from what I have read. And the recoil isn't any worse than my fathers full size 9mm.

I'm a horrible shot with a pistol, but 25 rounds into it I was at least consistently bad lol kept em all in the black (except for the few 5 or 6 that missed the circles all together but still managed to hit the paper)

Only 2 ftf's both of which I'm pretty sure were me and my grip (I'm a man's man and I refuse to call it "limp wrist" haha)

But I plan on ordering new rear dots from Taurus and buying another 100 rounds. With some more practice I'm sure I will love this gun. But for now, its nice just getting to know her better. Oh and I love cleaning this gun, she is a breeze. I think I might be doing some stuff wrong but I will save that for another post :yipee::yipee::yipee:
Sounds like the sights on my PT809; still haven't gotten used to them. I like the sights on my 1st Gen Millennium PT140 much better even with that super big front dot that I haven't seen on any other pistol before.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Glad your enjoying your pt140, I love mine!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wino, I always wear hearing protection. I already have hearing damage, don't need it getting worse. I mention the boom because it is the loudest gun I own. Have a rifle and shotgun that don't sound as mean (the rifle also shots .40 and the shotgun is a 20ga) the rifle and shotgun have more of a crack, where the pt140 has more of a low end boom. Its nowhere near the .44 mag I used to shot at my buddy's place though lol

CreekFisher

Reactions: Wino

·
Banned
17,345 Posts
Congrats!! That is my favorite pistol and caliber, try pushing the bullets into your target instead of just pulling the trigger. I learned this from Steven Seagal from his TV show. He should make a shooting DVD.

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Congrats!! That is my favorite pistol and caliber, try pushing the bullets into your target instead of just pulling the trigger. I learned this from Steven Seagal from his TV show. He should make a shooting DVD.
You really can't be serious!

Sent from my StarTack using Tapatalk

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
I have never owned a PT140, but have owned several other calibers in the MilPro lineup, and they are all winners!

Congrats on your first range excursion with your new PT140.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Congrats on the PT140. I have a PT111 and PT145... sounds like I may need the PT140 to round out the set

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a hard time deciding between the pt111 and the pt140. It ultimately came down to me already having a weapon that shoots .40s&w, so I kept it all in the family. Kinda think I should've went with the 9mm... Maybe a new gun in a few months lol (and people think tattoos are addicting, in 29 years I only have one tattoo.. In one year I now have 3 weapons!) Good times!

CreekFisher

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Super Moderator
42,098 Posts
Maybe it's the mass of the bullet combined with the speed of the round, but I find the 40 caliber one of the louder shooters at the range. My PT 145 began giving light strikes and I found that there was crud in the FP channel. You want to avoid wet lube in that region of the gun as it will attract and hold carbon.

Sounds like you're having too good of a time with that new pistol!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.