Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my 24/7 OSS .45 DS late Wednesday evening. All I got to do that night was fondle her, and get really acquainted.
Thursday it snowed, so I took her down to the basement and did a strip search, I mean a thorough cleaning and a light lube.

The gun feels great, very well balanced, as I expected after doing my research. I love the 5" barrel. It is really stiff and tight, and needs a lot of rounds to loosen her up.

Today the winds let up and the sun came out, and even though it was 35 degrees, it was a pretty nice day to go shoot this baby. I only shot two clips with 11 rounds each, so almost half a box of Federal Champion 230 grain FMJs.

This was the first time to shoot a large pistol in several years and it went pretty well. I was shooting a little low at first and stringing them at about 5" wide at 5 to 7 o'clock mostly and 2" to 3" low, but got 3 in the bull, and only had a couple of flyers at 10 o'clock about 3" off the bull. All in all I was very pleased with the way the pistol shoots, I just need lots of bullets and a lot of range time to get back in the groove. All 22 shots were on the 8" x 11" paper, which had a 3" diameter bull, and shot at about 25 feet (8 large strides). I had no misfires or FTE. It shoots like a dream. It's what I had hoped for.

The only problem I have is that the mags are impossible to load 12 rounds into. I can only get 11 rounds in them, and that's tough. That 12th round will NOT go in. Without the supplied "loader" I'm not sure how you'd load these mags. They have very stiff springs. The mag followers slide freely and seem to be Gen 3 mags, thankfully!

I'll get some range time in as the weather permits.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I got my 24/7 OSS .45 DS late Wednesday evening...

The gun feels great, very well balanced...

...no misfires or FTE.

...It shoots like a dream.

...It's what I had hoped for.
Yep...sounds as if you got yourself a genuine 24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP alright!

Congratulations!

There's always room for one more OSS fan in our ever-growing circle of OSS enthusiasts.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Gotta love the OSS models. I so hope they bring them back for the G2.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
The only problem I have is that the mags are impossible to load 12 rounds into. I can only get 11 rounds in them, and that's tough. That 12th round will NOT go in. Without the supplied "loader" I'm not sure how you'd load these mags. They have very stiff springs. The mag followers slide freely and seem to be Gen 3 mags, thankfully!
Congrads , hope its a s nice as mine.
just load the mags up and let them stay loaded for a week and the problem will go away, or just load them and leave them that way!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrads , hope its a s nice as mine.
just load the mags up and let them stay loaded for a week and the problem will go away, or just load them and leave them that way!
Yep, I have them loaded (and will leave them loaded anyway) hoping I'll be able to load that 12th round later.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a job for UpLULA!! UpLULA Pistol Mag Loader Unloader Polymer Black

Congrats on the new gun. Since you signature only lists revolvers, you might need to look into the UpLULA. Enjoy, and be safe.

Thanks, I was looking at those and wondering if they'd be better than the Taurus loader.

BTW - I only listed the Taurus pistols I have, I have many other firearms of various brands and calibers.

Zylo_X .... I just moved to CO from Ft. Worth, TX where I was born and raised.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Thanks, I was looking at those and wondering if they'd be better than the Taurus loader.

BTW - I only listed the Taurus pistols I have, I have many other firearms of various brands and calibers.
Well then, don't be shy about them, we welcome all makes and models. TA is chock full o diversity!! :D

·
Registered
6,961 Posts

Zylo_X .... I just moved to CO from Ft. Worth, TX where I was born and raised.
The UpLula is much much better than the mag loaders included with my Ruger & Taurus guns. Congrats on the new OSS. I hope Taurus will make the 5" LS G2's. I saw them in the 2011 What New catalog but the 2012 catalog doesn't have them.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
Sounds like a job for UpLULA!! UpLULA Pistol Mag Loader Unloader Polymer Black

Congrats on the new gun. Since you signature only lists revolvers, you might need to look into the UpLULA. Enjoy, and be safe.
YEP! simply the best mag loader on the market!
i have shown/ explained when asked about mine at the range and of the 12 or so people that I showed and let them use it to load a couple mags went straight out to the counter and bought one!
they really are that good!
well there was the one lady that loaded a full Beretta 92 magazine with the shells backwards that didn't like to much!-LOL--DUUUUHHH!

·
Administrator
17,586 Posts
Congratulations on your .45 24/7 OSS and your Range trip!

I have one too and love it!

In case you are wondering, here's a Video on how one Uplula works for quite a few different handguns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts