Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After having the Model 66 .357 for more than a year I have sent it in for repair. When shooting it it would shave copper off of the bullet and eject it out between the forcing cone and the revolver.
The gun is brand new and have never seen a revolver do that before.

Owned a Taurus years ago and it was perfect shooting. (not sure of that model #)

Anyone know how turn around time is with Taurus?

·
22,304 Posts
We're seeing lots of reports of two weeks, but every case is unique. This sounds like a classic timing problem, so I'd bet they'll know exactly what to do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so, very nice gun.
I sent it back through Gander Mountain and was told 12 weeks! Sure hope that's wrong.....

·
Registered
695 Posts
If they tell you 12 weeks and it only takes 2 or 3, then they did real good! If they tell you 2 or 3 and it takes 10 or 12, well, not so much.
Keep us posted on the progress. I am interested because I also own a Model 66.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Keep the faith! You'll gt it back soon. Of course with the holidays it'll probably take longer than 2 weeks. I have one down there right now for a similar problem.

·
Registered
24,610 Posts
Very unusual for a Model 66 to do that. Hope they get it repaired soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really had thought about a GP100 but some how the 66 caught my eye. I am really bummed out over it though. Never had a new gun have to be sent back.
Even though it has an issue the fit and finish look great.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
After having the Model 66 .357 for more than a year I have sent it in for repair. When shooting it it would shave copper off of the bullet and eject it out between the forcing cone and the revolver.
The gun is brand new and have never seen a revolver do that before.

Owned a Taurus years ago and it was perfect shooting. (not sure of that model #)

Anyone know how turn around time is with Taurus?

How come it took a year for you to send it in? I am surprised you didn't have to pay to ship it..........

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My wife went through cancer surgery and it slipped my mind along with a lot of other things. I had called it in when it originally happened. (They still had the repair number in their system) I did have to pay to send it back but the small amount will be worth it to get it repaired. They will pay the return shipping and of course the repair is free. This gun has me torn....was a good price, looks great but broken. Never had a single gun I have ever owned sent in for repairs.... I guess it creates doubt in the manufacturer for me.......but it is what it is. (Still a great looking gun)

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
A gun with a lifetime warranty should NEVER raise doubts in your mind. A company would go broke pretty quickly if they fixed a lot of guns for free.

It will be back before you know it, better than ever and the love affair can continue......

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Well, hope you get it back faster than your GM store said you will. You probably will.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the status check on the Taurus web site works they haven't received it.......sent the 29th but not showing yet. Most likely due to the holiday

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I sent my 709 in about 2-3 weeks ago and it's showing repaired and waiting to ship back. It's been showing repaired and waiting to ship for 1-2 days is all...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
And it's back. Adult signature required, and showed up via 2 day air from the date they said repaired. Taurus still shows it waiting to ship for some reason...

·
Registered
36,318 Posts
And it's back. Adult signature required, and showed up via 2 day air from the date they said repaired. Taurus still shows it waiting to ship for some reason...
Sounds perfectly normal for the weapons that I have set to taurus for repair nothing to worry about at all.
The thing to do is quickly go shoot it and make sure it works, if not contact them and tell them even though they have not shipped it yet you know that there is still a problem with It!-:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts