Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, back in December of 2016 I took my birthday and Christmas money and bought a new upper, Hera CQR stock and a LPK to build up an 80% lower that I was going to finish.

Well with all of the crap with the 80%er's I decided that I didn't want to go that route after all. About a year ago I bought an Aero Precision M4E1 stripped lower for the build.

Well for whatever reason I never got around to it. Yesterday I had the house to myself. I did the yard work early and got all my errands done by lunch time. Time to get working on putting it together.

An hour later and this is what I have. It would have been quicker but I didn't have any ball head allen keys so I had to run over to Harbor Freight to get some to install the CQR.

I just need to pick up an optic and some 45° offset BUIS.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
It looks nice...for a CA compliant build (I am so sorry for you!) - and yeah, what those other guys said -Aero Precision is supposed to be top notch. Have fun with it!

Speaking of...do the same weird rules apply for an AR pistol build? (No "pistol" grip)

Reactions: sandman 11

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks nice...for a CA compliant build (I am so sorry for you!) - and yeah, what those other guys said -Aero Precision is supposed to be top notch. Have fun with it!

Speaking of...do the same weird rules apply for an AR pistol build? (No "pistol" grip)
Yes and no.

AR pistols are considered AWs for a couple of different features. Unfortunately one of them is a magazine outside of the grip.

The only thing to do is to make it a nondetachable magazine. And, with the new definition of a nondetachable magazine I would never own one in California.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,422 Posts
Nice! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
Nice build! I want to hear the range report!

Reactions: morrcarr67
1 - 10 of 10 Posts