Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my eye on a pistol caliber lever rifle for a while. Picked up a Henry Golden Boy a while back and while it's fun, just didn't scratch the itch.

I've put the Rossi 92 in my shopping cart on more than one occasion over the past few years, but reviews left me a little skittish. Saw a good deal a few weeks ago, and thought I'll probably never have a better chance so I whipped out the charge card.

While I waited on the UPS man I went looking for sights, the DVD to fix what I was sure would be a cluncky action and stiff trigger, and some ways to refinish the shoe polish stocks, and correct the way the furniture fit.

Six days after order I brought her home, bathed the innards in CLP and cycled the action a few hundred times. The fit was pretty tight, no misaligned parts or rough edges. Finally got out to the range with some FMJ round nose .38, some LSWC 38 and some JHP 357 ,fully expecting any or all of them to hang up on the gate, refuse to feed or hang up on ejection. After all, I read the internet. :eek:

From there it was down right boring. Everything loaded, fed, fired. Even the sights were pretty much dead on out of the box, and once I figured out the hold and sight picture, it was putting down sub 2" groups at 35 yards. I can't complain about a thing, well, except that orange finish. Can't have everything, but that will make a nice winter project. ;)

Gun Rifle Firearm Air gun Shotgun

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congratulations. I hope that you enjoy your little lever gun as much as I enjoy mine.......and like you....my 357/38sp M92 eats anything I feed it from powder puff 38-cowboy to full load 357s.....enjoy.

Rgds
Eric

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You guys just keep aggravating my itch for a 38/357 lever gun after all the salve I have applied to it for relief! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Seems like Rossi my have pulled their head out and is fixing the problems..got to love the 20" gun..I have a 24" and a 16". What should I do now;)

Kudos on the new gun, OP..

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I am looking to getting this in the near future for a little game hunting.. I can`t afford the model 94 Winchester 30 30 anymore..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a Win 30/30 with open sights that is a hand-me-down from my Dad. It's still good and tight and fun to shoot. Brought down a nice 8 point with it last fall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts