Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far , so good ! Shot to point of aim with Winchester White box 115 FMJ . I have a Bianchi 3S Pistol Pocket IWB holster with a thumb snap closure that's a perfect fit . I bought it left hand to carry in the small of my back for right handed use . Haven't tried any defensive ammo in it yet as I have an extensive collection I acquired over the past few years for my Kel-Tec PF9 .
Shot a hundred rounds of FMJ at the range after lots of dry firing with snap caps ( A-zoom and Tipton ) which won't stay in Taurus or TK Custom moonclips . I'll try to tighten up the Taurus clips ( seven came with my 905 ) using the screwdriver technique I saw online and then only use them with the snapcaps .
I haven't used my Wheeler scale to measure the trigger pull yet . The double action pull is long and HEAVY but has a nice two stage quality to it , allowing me to rotate the cylinder to lock-up , then pause prior to gently completing the pull . The single action pull is light and breaks crisp .

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congratulations on the revolver. As to the Taurus provided clips, I suggest you throw them in the trash after you buy some of these:

https://www.tkcustom.com/

The biggest complaint about this gun is the clips, and TK Custom solves the problem.

Have fun and be safe.

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Congrats, looking forward to pictures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Out with the old , in with the new ... that's about how long it takes ! The only thing that slows you down is lining up the rounds with the chambers of the cylinder ... faster with heavy FMJ rounds ... maybe a bit slower with various hollow points of lighter weights based on the profile of the tips of the bullets ( think Hornady Critical Defense -vs- Federal HST ) . Practice , practice ... practice ... slow at first to establish the muscle memory ... the speed comes on its own .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts