Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 709 for over a month now but due to weather and free time I had not shot it till today. Only got to run around 50 rounds thru her but not a single hiccup. Had to max out the sights to get her high enough but she is hitting good now. I did have one operator error. that would be the " keep your support hand thumb out of the way stupid !!! " It pays to pay attention. I know better but had a brain fart anyway. I will not forget that one again! Love this little pistol !

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Good choice on Slim. BTW, you're not the only one round these parts that have what I call a "Slim Thumb" scar on off hand. LOL Got mine shooting from rest to sight in - one from 709 and one from 740. I swear in an emergency situation you could shave with the Slim slide on the way to a tryst for which you are late. :D My Slim's and I are now blood brothers.:cool:

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I was shooting off a rest also. I have alot more time behind a revolver than a semi auto but still know better. Was also shooting a Chiappa 1911-22 to site in and got careless in the rush.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.