Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally installed the Williams adjustable Fire Sights on my 24/7 Pro DS. It shot lot left every time I shot it. And before somebody says it, no, it is not the shooters fault. I can hit near the bullseye every time with my other 4 pistols but the 24/7 is always low left. I had slid the sight around to fix the windage but I had to shoot about 9 inches high to hit bullseye. They installed in about 5 minutes. I will try them out next weekend.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I finally got a chance to try the new sights today and I really like them. For the first time since buying the gun 1-1/2 years ago, I can actually hit the target where I am aiming! I can aim at the bullseye and hit it or damn close to it. Before, I would aim at the bullseye and I would hit about 8 inches to the left and 9 inches low, every time. I shot about 50 rounds adjusting the sights, making sure that I had them set right. Now, my 24/7 may be my favorite pistol. If any of you are having a problem with the gun not hitting where you are aiming, give these a try. The sights are very easy to install.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Your 24/7 must have been the same as mine, hit low and left. That, and the fact that I never could quite get used to those straight 8's caused me to change to same Williams Fire sights. I have it bore sighted but I haven't shot it since the installation. I'll may be get round to it next week as I've a couple of rifles that need to be sighted in too and the weather is supposed to be nice.

For anyone that's interested, markmmg247 is right, they ate pretty easy to install and they make such a difference, very easy to pick up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How easy was the installation? I just purchased these sights.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Same issue I'm having. Dead on with my other guns, the 24/7 shoots way left each time.

Maybe these sights will help.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Here are a few pictures of the adjustable Fire Sights on my 24/7.

View attachment 46784

View attachment 46789

View attachment 46790
You are apparently having the same problem with your Williams Firesights that I had.
In some other threads here I mentioned how the HIGH front sight forced me to elevate the REAR sight so much that it was almost impossible to fit in my holster. The front sight snagged on my holster and the rear sight was fragile, being cranked so high.

I replaced the FRONT sight with a HiViz and resolved both problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts