Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been under the weather lately and unable to do any shooting. I was having withdraws lol. Had (have) a nasty bug and haven't even been online much. Anyway, my son, one of his college friends and myself got to shoot at our backyard range yesterday. We introduced my sons friend to handguns and he fell in love. He had only shot rifles and shotguns previously. We went through about an hour of general safety with him first and let him hold different guns. He was a natural and gun safety was already in his nature. He shot the M85, M66, M627, and the PT1911. He fell for the M627 shooting full 357 Magnums. He just couldn't put it down. Now that's a good day at the range when you get to send several hundred rounds downrange and introduce someone new to the hobby. It made for a good day in a nasty week. Not only do I have a nasty bug, but everything in our house decided to break down at once lol. My flat screen TV died, door bell quit, water heater burst and my son destroyed the screen on his older iPhone. (sounds like a country song) All that disappeared while turning ammo into brass :), and really raised my spirits. Got the water heater replaced, now to order parts for my TV and a new screen for my sons phone until he can upgrade and then get a new door bell from Lowe's. I hate it when life sidetracks gun money :D.
Anyway, just thought I would put my thoughts in a post. Hope everyone has a good weekend and that you get to unwind like I did yesterday.
Rick

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
cats welcome back.jpg

Sorry to hear of all the sickness and things breaking! At least you got the opportunity to get out and do some gun smoke therapy! Plus, you brought our hobby into the life of another.

cats get well soon 2.jpg

Reactions: criderrc

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Sometimes I think my wife makes up things to spend money on so I can't buy any guns...

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Glad you are feeling better and was able to do some shooting . Things have a way of breaking when you are not looking..

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I'm a little envious. I can't wait to get out and do some shooting. Pointing my fingers and saying pew pew just isn't the same.

·
Super Moderator
40,611 Posts
Sounds like a good range trip, hope you are feeling better soon.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Sounds like a great day at the range! I feel your pain about being sick! Mine has been going on way too long.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
What a great day! But get well soon, too. I think burning powder in the fresh air is the best medicine there is, myself! :)

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
And you all had some fun. Get well soon.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Sounds like a bright spot in an otherwise bleak period, good job....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts