Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the range, with the 738 cleaned and lubed. I fired about 30 rounds through it with only one odd occurance. An empty got stuck between the slide and barrel in the first magazine. After that it settled down. I really liked the trigger, compared to the Keltec that I carried for a year, that I knew that I could not hit a side of a barn due to it`s trigger. All shots were at 7 yards, and although not a one hole group, I was happy. I may look into a rubber grip enhancer. Not bad for just over $200.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new TCP!

Glad to read that your's is clicking right along.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Congrats!! Happy to hear from another satisfied customer. Dang it, now I got to go buy another gun! :D

I've been looking hard at the TCP, and all these positive range reports have pretty much sealed the deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
guess i'll find out if i'm doing this right--just "ranged" my new 738bss yesterday, too. got it 4 wks ago, but no time to shoot til now. right out of box--100 rds-- some s&b, some rem, some magtech, some amer eagle, and a mixed mag to boot. ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER!!! couldn't be happy-er. (except if i were a better shot!) okay--so while i waited to have some range time, i ordered up a pach. grip sleeve, ct laser (installed it right over the top of the sleeve--no problem) two extra mags, and 2 different styles of mag base plates. oh, and a talon pocket holster and a desantis pocket holster for an extra carry mag. that's a lot of gearing up before i'd even shot it, but hey--gotta think happy thoughts, you know! oh, and by the way--all rounds fired offhanded--literally, since i have only one arm!! p.s.--new to forums use--hope this works--tom

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Tom, welcome to the forum.

You had a lot of faith in that gun to add all that stuff before you fired it the first time.
I'm happy to read that you are really enjoying your new shiny 738.

I look forward to your next report.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I shot mine for the first time yesterday and had three FTFs in 50 rounds. I figure that will settle out after I shoot it some more. I'm very happy with how it shoots. I didn't experience any problems late in the firing that others have gotten once the gun got dirty. My first FTF was in the third magazine and the last few mags were failure free. I was shooting it at 7 yds at a small silhouette target that represents a full size silhouette at 25 yds. and was hitting it 4 times per magazine just pointing, not aiming, at the target and firing reasonable rapidly( around one shot every half second). I'm impressed with the little gun.

E. J.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the Pac. Glove for my 738 at Bass Pro. It sure was small in the display card. Got it on the pistol and it feels pretty good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked my 738 up yesterday, I have PT111 M Pro, good gun, and been looking into a summer carry option, this fit the bill. Have a possible issue with one of the mags. but nothing major. Only fired 50 rounds but like the feel. I will put more thru soon but for the price and made in the US it is a keeper.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I find the TCP to be a perfect little carry gun. Easy to handle, easy to conceal, comfortable to carry. Shoots fairly accurate even with the almost nothing sights. Makes me want to step up to the 709 or the 740...Life is good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts