Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the thread on settlement guns started by Czechbikr has been locked for some reason. My post was number 14:

"PT 24/7 Pro in .40 S&W sent 01/05/2018 7:02 a.m. Arrived in Miami 01/09/2018 10:17 a.m.

01/24/2018: Received letter from Taurus Customer Service acknowledging receipt of my pistol on 01/11/2018."

Finally received my G2C replacement it on Wednesday, February 19. I had called Taurus the day before to inquire about status. They told me that they'd shipped the pistol to my local Academy store in August of 2018. Neither Taurus nor Academy bothered to notify me. Such wonderful customer service!:rolleyes:

On the bright side, Academy didn't charge me any transfer fee.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Wow...

Well, hope you at least can get to the range to shoot it soon!

Reactions: mwj999

·
Super Moderator
37,639 Posts
It seems that the thread on settlement guns started by Czechbikr has been locked for some reason. My post was number 14:

"PT 24/7 Pro in .40 S&W sent 01/05/2018 7:02 a.m. Arrived in Miami 01/09/2018 10:17 a.m.

01/24/2018: Received letter from Taurus Customer Service acknowledging receipt of my pistol on 01/11/2018."

Finally received my G2C replacement it on Wednesday, February 19. I had called Taurus the day before to inquire about status. They told me that they'd shipped the pistol to my local Academy store in August of 2018. Neither Taurus nor Academy bothered to notify me. Such wonderful customer service!:rolleyes:

Sorry that you never saw all of the posts here that state that hardly anybody gets notification of shipping and that the guns are unmarked as to who they belong to...

Yes it is horrendous customer service. 15 months for me to receive a 225.00 gun in exchange for my 325.00 gun, after numerous lies and promises.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Sorry that you never saw all of the posts here that state that hardly anybody gets notification of shipping and that the guns are unmarked as to who they belong to...

Yes it is horrendous customer service. 15 months for me to receive a 225.00 gun in exchange for my 325.00 gun, after numerous lies and promises.
Wow, just WOW!

·
Registered
4,900 Posts

Welp, at least your not empty handed now...hope that G2C runs good for you, mine does.

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
SEE!!
I told ya it was in the mail!!!!------

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow...

Well, hope you at least can get to the range to shoot it soon!
Not sure whether I want to shoot it or just try to sell it for two hundred bucks, to be applied to a steel-framed, hammer-fired pistol.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I guess I'm lucky in that mine had my name on it at least.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did they send a 9mm or .40?
9mm was the only option they gave me. I had called in May or June of last year to ask if they'd give me a Heritage Rough Rider instead, but before I could get the question out, the Taurus CS chick told me that the 9mm G2C was the only available replacement. She also told me that it might take a year, which is why I didn't check on it sooner.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I sent mine in last year and it only took about 13 weeks. Sent in a 24/7 & a pt-111 both were the pro models. The FFL called me so they must of had my name on them. You won't be able to get much out of them when you sell them. At least could not get much in Texas.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Not sure whether I want to shoot it or just try to sell it for two hundred bucks, to be applied to a steel-framed, hammer-fired pistol.
Shoot it a few times, think on it, and then decide what to do. I believe that I can somewhat understand your general dislike (I'm sure a stronger word applies)of the entire situation, but don't act too hastily. If you feel that you can never warm up to your replacement pistol, then you can sell it or trade it.

Reactions: william
1 - 13 of 13 Posts