Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Well my first range experience with my PT140 was AWSOME!!! The gun shot flawlessly. I put 150 rounds through it without a hiccup and the grouping was nice and tight. It was shooting a little low, but i'm guessing it's because they only had 163 grain target ammo at the range instead of the 180 grain recommended. All in all i must say I LOVE THIS GUN !!!!

The problem started when i went home and started to disassemble for cleaning. I locked the slide back and removed the take down pin. Then as i brought the slide back forward while pulling the trigger to take the slide off it would not slide completely forward to come off. I slid it back and fourth a few times to no avail. The slide would not come off!! So i decided it needed a little persuasion. I did not get crazy with it but gave it a little more force than i would normally and i got it off. Problem is something flew out of the back of the gun. After searching on the floor i found the something and it was the plastic slide cap at the rear of the pistol. I put it back on but it's just resting on there and seems as if it could just fall off at any time. It looks like it clips onto to something but i cannot see where. It does not look like anything is broke but i don't know. I do not want to go forcing anything else without knowing what i'm doing so i figured i'd ask you fine people.

Is this something i can fix? or am I sending my new baby to Miami?

Thanks in advance guy's for your reply's.

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
Many people lose the dust cover on the back of the slide. It's got two prongs off the bottom which lock it into the slide. Those may have broken off when you pulled the slide off. With my PT 145 I always lock the slide back and rotate the take down pin. Then I hit the slide release and it pops the pin out about 1/32 and makes it easier to extract that pin after locking the slide back again. Once the pin is out, release the slide again and ease it to battery, then pulling the trigger simultaneously while pulling the slide forward and off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts