Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my new Taurus today, brought it home and proceeded to clean it getting it ready for a day at the range. What I had observed before of the sideplay in the cylinder is not an issue as it does lock solid when the hammer is pulled back. That's a relief. I did find something else, the extractor was not very smooth and was sticking when released. I had to physically push it in, not all the time but enough to cause a concern. I took the cylinder apart and that gave me a chance to polish it somewhat to remove the roughness in the moving parts. The locating pins of the extractor had slight burrs on it where it was to locate on the two little pins. I removed the burrs and now its as smooth as it can be.

Tonight I'm going to clean the internals and do a slight polishing of all the rough parts in there (except the sear, trigger and hammer). The trigger pull is silky smooth and will not need any attention. In S/A it feels like a 2.5 to maybe a 3 lb pull. Lighter than my Kimber which has a 4 lb trigger on it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Pics???.

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Photos??

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.