Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday morning my local gun store called and said that they had just received a 905 and that my name was #1 on their wish list. Somewhere around Labor Day I had inquired about the 905 and asked them to notify me when they got one in. Long story short I had them on speaker phone and Mrs. Ollie was sitting across the table. Good wife that she is she just asked one question. She asked Long or Short? Meaning Handgun or Shotgun? I t told her short and she said, "Something I can shoot also?" to which I replied "Of Course! If you like it." Mama didn't raise me to be no fool! Today we took it to our local range, and it cause a bit of excitement. with the RSO's, and folks we normally shoot with. Mrs. Ollie was not impressed with having to load the Moon clips, until I explained it was just like loading a magazine. We put 100 rounds through it and the only thing that I experienced that I didn't like was that the checkered grip really chewed up my right palm just under my right thumb. I mean my hand was raw! Mrs. Ollie wore shooting gloves and had no issues. Once I found my aiming point the gun shot great. All in all I am happy with the purchase.

· Registered
140 Posts
Congrats! I have the LCR9mm and never looked back. I love moon clips. I have had the Ruger since it first came out and put thousands of rounds down range. I typically load up 40 clips before a range session.
Great Ballistics,
No where near the Recoil of 357
None of the high Muzzle flash like the 327
Ammo is abundant and so much cheaper than 38.

You are going to love the Taurus. 9mm!

From pocket guns and gear. Here is a Snubbie barrel get as good or better performance that some Micro 9mm's.

· Registered
57 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

"A quick comparison of cartridges shows the 9mm has a SAAMI spec of 35,000 PSI maximum average pressure, which is exactly the same as the .357 Magnum. A 9mm +P is rated for 38,500 PSI – closer to the fabled .357 Maximum (40k PSI) than the Magnum. So, running +P ammo through this gun is similar to running hot .357 Magnum loads. Keep this in mind if you are thinking that the 9mm will recoil about the same as a .38 Special."

Taurus 905 Review: 9mm Revolver

Last Saturday morning my local gun store called and said that they had just received a 905 and that my name was #1 on their wish list.

Got a Smith & Wesson 940. Not a real fun little gun to shoot. 9mm out of these is really snappy!
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gas

Automotive tire Tire Bullet Wood Ammunition

Revolver Everyday carry Trigger Bullet Gun barrel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts