Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to purchase a 445SS for over 2 years now. Scouring gun stores, gun shows, and auction sites. Finally, I was able to pick this one up on gunbroker. Looks good and goes well with my 441. Might have to start a search for a 431 now since this quest has been completed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum and relatively new to Taurus revolvers. I'm trying to do a trade deal with a guy out of state on a blued 445 with hammer and no ports. I had one of these a couple of years ago, but it was DAO. Wished I'd never sold it. Let me know about these if you can, reliability, accuracy, ease of carry, etc. Look forward to all replies. Taurus shouldn't have quit making this gun, and S&W should bring one out at a reasonable price. Awesome looking revolver!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Love a gun that the bullets are longer then the barrel...hehehe :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jframe,

I've put 200 rounds through my "new" 445 and have seen no problems. At 15 yards with 200gr rounds it groups well and to point of aim. However it doesn't seem to like 240 grainers. Will have to try and roll some of my own to see what happens.

It conceals really well with the compact grip on it (seen in the picture). However if you put the ribber or Hogue grip on it will easily print through a shirt and significantly changes the "carry" feel of the handgun. I've been using a 2.5" K/L frame holster with no issues.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sounds good! Taurus 44's are some of my favorite lookers too. I've got a 2 1/2" 431 away at the factory now and if it comes back in working order, I'm going to be thrilled! Mine shot 240 grainers 16-18" high at 25 yards although it grouped well. It shot 180 grain jhp's a few inches closer to point of aim than the 240's.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hmmm, that is a mighty fine looking snubby. I might just have to look for one of those at next week's gun show. I was thinking about upgrading my 642. Ammo hard/expensive to find? Ever try firing Corbon DPX out of it? I ask, cuz that would be the lighter, faster copper top that always expands. I am thinking I would want a bit more speed with that large slug. Pretty....pretty revolver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts