Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, the recent onslaught of pocket pistols in .380 ACP haven't typically been my kind of gun, so I hadn't been sufficiently tempted to get one... until a few weeks ago.

I have a 740, but recently decided I wanted something a little more weight friendly for shorts weather while taking the dog on long walks, but also a little more powerful and easier to use than my NAA .22 WMR; as much for protection of the dog against other stray dogs as for myself.

So a few weeks ago I'm making the final payment on this...

EDC20001_zpswquerqfs.jpg

when this...

TCP.jpg

pops up on the screen. Brand new in the box TCP's for $167, no tax and free shipping. To top it off my FFL only charges $20 for transfers and I get my NRA membership extended for a year.

How could I possibly reject such an offer? I couldn't and I didn't. Haven't taken it to the range yet; but from reading other folks' experiences on this site, I expect it will be a joy to shoot.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
congratulations-2271.gif On both guns and have fun!!

Reactions: G8R8U2

·
Super Moderator
13,810 Posts
You will discover that, when combined with a pocket holster, you will soon forget that you are carrying the TCP, it is that lightweight and small. The other firearm you mentioned...well, not so much. :D Congratulations on both of those fine weapons.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will discover that, when combined with a pocket holster, you will soon forget that you are carrying the TCP, it is that lightweight and small. The other firearm you mentioned...well, not so much. :D Congratulations on both of those fine weapons.
Been using this one so far, and you're right; thing's about as light as a cell phone.

EDC20010_zpsww3ciior.jpg

I also have a cutaway like a #1 on the way.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Congrats on your new guns.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Nice. Which one you gonna train the dog to use. :)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. Which one you gonna train the dog to use. :)
:biggrin: He's actually pretty good at taking care of himself...

OntarioOtto.jpg

but you never know when rabid or wild pack might come along... we like to hike some pretty remote areas.

Reactions: Paul81

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Haven't heard anyone say it's a joy to shoot, but you will love it. Congrats and welcome to the TCP club.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haven't heard anyone say it's a joy to shoot, but you will love it. Congrats and welcome to the TCP club.
I've read here and in reviews that it has one of the better triggers of the .380 pocket pistols; I'm sure it's snappy, but it can't be any worse than a 740 and I love shooting the Slim.

·
22,034 Posts
It does have an outstanding trigger. Not good, outstanding. Mine took a little tweaking before I started to actually enjoy shooting it. The first range session, the mold seam inside the trigger guard almost cut my trigger finger, and the slide lever did, in fact, bite my thumb. The mold seam responded well to a little scraping with a knife blade, and the slide lever stays away from my thumb now that I use a bent-thumb grip. I also added some grip tape to the frontstrap to really lock the pistol in place.

But I never want to be without a TCP. As Trucks pointed out, it's so easy to conceal and light to carry!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats on the TCP!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The holster with the cutaway came today, and it's a perfect fit.

EDC20001_zpsyohmemdj.jpg

Don't let the Viridian tag fool you; I don't use lights or lasers, but Bud's was selling these (I guess as surplus, maybe they got a deal on them) for $5.99 with free shipping.

This was on the doorstep with it...

65911d1c-b7bf-4433-975b-ca064c71682f_zpsixcrnvb1.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts