Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally Finished My Polymer80 Not-a-Glock 17!

This has been in the works for about a year now. All in, I spent about $600 on it. Everything in it was on sale when I bought it, other than the frame and slide small parts kits, which seemed to be sold out more often than not. The frame isn't perfect, but I'd say it's pretty good for using nothing but a vice and hand drill. I'll likely get a 2nd gen frame if/when they go on sale again and redo it with a drill press.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but everything works without the bullets in it, so I'm pretty optimistic!

·
Administrator
18,302 Posts
Very very Nice! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

Looking forward to reading how it shoots! :smile:
Also, would like to read of some of the Parts/Construction details.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Looks great and I hope it works for you.

This is something I want to do someday when I have more time (and before they outlaw it). A question, however. $600 seems expensive, especially when you mentioned many parts were purchased on sale. Did you go with top of the line parts, or is that what anyone would expect to pay on the low end?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks great and I hope it works for you.

This is something I want to do someday when I have more time (and before they outlaw it). A question, however. $600 seems expensive, especially when you mentioned many parts were purchased on sale. Did you go with top of the line parts, or is that what anyone would expect to pay on the low end?
Unfortunately, building a Glock is not cheaper than buying one. Without sales, buying one is certainly cheaper, by a lot. That said, I also got mid to top line parts for everything. (Except the red dot, which was the cheapest possible by hundreds of dollars.) I'll list everything as accurately as I can. Shipping will be included in price estimate.

Polymer80 Spectre Receiver = $80 on sale
Suarez SI-317 Supermatch w/ Trijicon RMR Cut (Stripped) = $160 Scratch sale. (looks perfect)
American Tactical Stainless Threaded Barrel = $100 on sale
2x PMAG GL9 21 Round Magazines = $18 on Sale
Lone Wolf Frame Parts Kit = $50 not on sale
Lone Wolf Slide Parts Kit = $80 not on sale
Lone Wolf Stainless Self Contained Recoil Spring & Rod = $20 (don't remember if it was on sale or not)
Lone Wolf Compensator = $50 forgot this also was not on sale
NcSTAR Vism SPD Micro Red Dot = $68 on sale

So I guess the total was closer to around $625. Would have easily been over $800 if I hadn't waited for sales on almost everything. I was going to buy a slide blank like the one below for $80 from eBay before a member from the Beretta forum informed me of the Suarez seconds. I didn't plan on finishing the blank if I got it.

Gorilla Machining Glock 17 Slide Blank Stainless Steel 416R

You can get complete kits, sometimes on sale for as little as $550, but that's probably the cheapest they can be built for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts