Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always felt I had no use for an AR but I gave in and bought one. I still have no use for it, but why not! I grabbed a Bushmaster Carbon 15, I have read good and bad on them, but I have read the same for every Taurus I own as well. This let me get in at an inexpensive price and I can always upgrade piece by piece if choose. Also, I know that I will be able to get rid of it in the future if I choose, probably without losing money or very little. So, I now am one of those people nobody likes! Evil I say, evil! I will get pics up when it gets here later in the week.

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Enjoy the :evil:! :D

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the dark side.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
An AR is like a Harley, you keep bolting stuff on until its just the way you want it. I've been through my AR phase but I will say this, tons 'o fun!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations! Be sure to give us that obligatory range report. How much did you pay for it?
Right at 700 with shipping and transfer. This is my third purchase from grabagun.com and I must say that they are great. Don't always have in stock what you need (who does right now) but their prices and shipping are reasonable and they get it out the door fast! Definitely look to them first as my LGS are not very good, and a lot more money. My transfer guy is a gunsmith only and does transfers so I like giving him my business.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Congrats on the AR.

I watch Grab-a-gun all the time, nice to hear a good report on them.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Good for you! Remember - you can't take it with you! :)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have been drooling over an AR for a long time.more now since the prices are coming down but,my mini 14 has been so faithful to me and you can only spend so much on one of these before you have all the toys they make for them.stiil drooling though.

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
Welcome to the world of AR. May the Force be with you.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Congrats!

You may be of the "I don't need one" mindset, but after the first range trip, you will probably be in the "Why the
heck did it take me so long to get one!?" camp! :D

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
580 Posts
I always felt I had no use for an AR but I gave in and bought one. I still have no use for it, but why not!
You have summed up my thought process almost 100%, except that I haven't acted on my impulse - yet. I'm a long-time shotgun and bolt-action rifle owner, hunter, etc, that has become increasingly interested in pistols, buying several during the past 4 or 5 years. However, now I'm mulling getting a "black" rifle later this year, if their prices continue to moderate and ammunition availability and prices stabilize. Good luck with your new investment.

·
Administrator
18,422 Posts
Welcome to the "Black Rifle Club" ! :cool: Enjoy! :)

I always felt I had no use for an AR but I gave in and bought one. I still have no use for it, but why not!
You will find a use for it! Your AR can be used for target shooting, defense, survival, and hunting. Used to regularly hunt Coyotes with my AR-15A2 Match Rifle.
Used to shoot DCM/CMP Matches with that same AR-15A2.

So, I now am one of those people nobody likes! Evil I say, evil!
Media programming. You'll get over it with the first pull of the trigger. Care not what others think. Free yourself to enjoy your new Rifle! :cool:
People who own serious firearms are more loved and revered than you might think. Who else will protect them, when trouble comes to call?

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts