Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in the title, I finally broke down and got it. Since I sold my PT145 I've beek kicking my @ss for such a stupid impulse move. I've been stalking gunbroker, arms list, gun auction, florida gun trader, etc. for months, and for the life of me I can't find a pt145 or 745 for under $300 (add to that shipping, transfer, etc).

I decided to wait and see if Taurus produces a pt145 g2, but I then realized that the chances are slim. We see that there's no 145 g2, no 745 slim, and no 845 compact, I think the 24/7 g2c is what replaces all of them. What do you guys and gals think?

I also looked at other options, but nothing comes close to the PT145 in the features and warranty I'm looking for, for the price, other than the 24/7. I've looked at this gun countless times, handled it at the gun show, read and watched reviews, and I do like it, but I like the 145 better.

Well today I checked Buds and they had it for $293 free shipping, I offered $290 and they took it, so now I own a NIB 24/7 G2 .45 compact. How about them apples?

That was a deal I could not resist. I had to jump at it. I'm I right guys?

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Nice buy!

And I agree, I doubt we will see a 145 G2 anytime soon.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
If you are happy then you are right. Congrats on the 24/7, now go kick your @$$ one more time for selling the PT-145. :D

Reactions: sargedog

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Congrats! I also love to have the 24/7 G2C in 9mm and .45. If Bud's still has the G2C .45 at this price or lower next week, I will get 1 too.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
​I have the 24/7 DS Pro in .45 and love it.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Good find. :)

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Congratulations on the new possession, but the denizens of this forum require photographic corroboration of any claim to dispel any concern that the content of said post is NOT factitious confabulation. In other words,

:nopics:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Congrats on a great deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been lurking around gunbroker for a great deal in the blue 9mm full size. Never know what's going to pop up on there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats. I have the same model but in a 40 cal also purchase at Bud's ,for about the same amount . Have not gotten to range yet , working on it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, so I picked up the gun last Tuesday at my LGS, and right away something was off. The gun was free of cosmoline and when I took it apart I found out that it had been fired, as evidenced by fouling in the barrel and carbon in the feed ramp and internals. At that time I assumed that it was test fired at the factory and didn't make anything of it. I didn't check the magazines for carbon in them, however the followers looked virgin. It had the factory sticker they put in the trigger guard, and there was glue residue on the grip from something being stuck to it. The safety chamber plastic flag was in it but it was mangled, looks like the slide was slammed on it. Today as I'm sitting here typing this at 5:47AM I relized that I didnt see spent cartridges in the box in which it came, and also realized that none of my other Taurii purchases showed these signs. In fact I don't think Taurus test fires their guns at the factory. All my other guns came packed in grease and no spent cartridges. I checked the gun for function and it appears to be good. I did find some micro scratches along the slide edges, but they can only be seen when the light shines on it at the right angle. I haven't taken it to the range yet but I'm sure it should be ok.
I find this to be really odd, I went back to buds to see if the gun was advertised as refurb, but it wasn't. What I don't know is if the gun was a return, was fired at Buds or at my LGS, or if Taurus is now doing this. I'm going to check in the box again to see if there are any empty cartridges.
I'm going to stop by the range on my way home this morning and put it through its paces. I'll post my findings.
I will however send Buds CS an email with my findings because either they are not being entirely truthful, or someone there is taking their guns for a joy ride. I don't know if the gun was a demo or if it was used in the commission of a felony, only God knows. I do hope they send me a good explanation.
More to come... Stay tuned.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts