Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it is a Smith and Wesson MP15 Sport II. I don't care for fancy ARs. And I don't care to shoot over 150 yards. I'm a simple man. So the sport II fit the bill and my budget. After taxes OTD I paid $580 which I think is a great deal for a nice entry level quality rifle.

now I just need to start hoarding ammo and magazines haha

·
Super Moderator
37,252 Posts
And it is a Smith and Wesson MP15 Sport II. I don't care for fancy ARs. And I don't care to shoot over 150 yards. I'm a simple man. So the sport II fit the bill and my budget. After taxes OTD I paid $580 which I think is a great deal for a nice entry level quality rifle.

now I just need to start hoarding ammo and magazines haha
YA...You and the thousands of others who made the leap!

Congrats on the new AR...we'll be looking for pics of the new acquisition, the range report and the big grin after you get out to run it!! :cool:

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Congratulation on the new AR style rifle. Try as I have they just don't excite me much. Closest I have is an old Ruger Ranch hand with stainless and wood stock. A heavy son of a gun for sure, but fills by wants in a rifle. Other than that a mix of .22 shooters and a couple of lever action do me just fine.

Now that you have the new AR, time to start shopping the aftermarket and fine tune it to YOU!!!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Congrats! And yeah...

:nopics:

Reactions: sandman 11

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Enjoy the new rifle!

Watch out for that AR crowd! The AK crowd gets alot of flak when they say things like they don't care to shoot evil black rifles more than 200-300 yards, I can only imagine what they'd hear at less than 150 yards! :D :D :D

·
Administrator
40,277 Posts
I have a S&W M&P15 Sport. I mounted a scope on it for longer ranges, and it's consistently accurate. Found myself shooting it more at shorter ranges, and removed it. I'm using it totally stock now, and it's a hoot to shoot. Mine came with one 30 round mag, so I ordered another 30 and a 20.
I buy bulk ammo on line and pick up a 20 round box or two anytime I'm where it's sold.

Congratulations on your new rifle, and have fun shooting it!:thumb:

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I have a S&W M&P15 Sport. I mounted a scope on it for longer ranges, and it's consistently accurate. Found myself shooting it more at shorter ranges, and removed it. I'm using it totally stock now, and it's a hoot to shoot. Mine came with one 30 round mag, so I ordered another 30 and a 20.
I buy bulk ammo on line and pick up a 20 round box or two anytime I'm where it's sold.

Congratulations on your new rifle, and have fun shooting it!:thumb:
I have to agree with Smoke's experience with the M&P 15 Sport, i have more fun under 100 yards than above it so my scope sits in the case on a quick disconnect mount. Luckily I got 6 mags when I bought mine (2 P-Mags and 4 Swamp Fox) because Gander had a deal at the time. I wish you all the best with it, because even without a dust cover and forward assit, mine has been flawless since day one.

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Congratulations on the new AR - I've heard nothing but good stuff about S&W's rifle. :)

MidwayUSA is selling 450 rounds of M855 for $125 + free shipping right now if you're looking to get started with the ammo stockpiling.

·
8,902 Posts
Good starter AR - will be a good shooter. Watch some cleaning videos on youtube to learn how to maintain the bolt carrier group and barrel breach. Other than that keep lightly lubed and you should get 1000's of rounds through it. Enjoy.

Reactions: william

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I have two of them also. I told my wife what the 1st one cost and she said "that's not a bad price, You should have bought two". End of story. Enjoy your new AR...:)
I started with one...modified it...modified it some more....had a bunch of extra parts, so I put together a second one...decided I needed a .308...built an AR10...built a 300Blackout pistol...got impatient waiting on some parts so I picked up some locally...now have extra parts....(you see where this is headed)

Reactions: Aberdog1

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
:confused:;):eek::D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts