Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back my 24/7 Pro 45 from Taurus after 7 weeks of waiting. I was having light strikes right out of the box. About 2 out od every 12. They changed the firing pin. I just got back from the range and to my suprise they fixed it. Put 100 rounds through it without any problems. Feeds everything from hollow points, SWC, Ball. Everything went bang. I will drop Taurus a line to thank them for fixing my gun. By the way I love my 24/7

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Glad to hear about your positive experience. IMO, the measure of a good company is not that they had problem, but rather how they take care of the problem. +1

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
Glad to hear it, but it sounds like a nice somewhat detailed range report should be in the offing. ;) Maybe?
+1

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got went to the range yesterday to test my 24/7 Pro 45 some more. I have been only shooting reloads so far. 230gr FMJ and LRN, 170gr LFP'S, 185gr XTP'S and 200gr LSWC'S. As I stated in my last range trip I fired 100 rounds total with these varieties. No light strikes. When I went yesterday fired another 200 rounds but I had 6 no fires. When I pulled the trigger a second time still did not go off. After I finished the clip I reloaded them back in and then they fired. It was probably I light strike every other mag.
Upon examing the rounds that did not fire it seemed that maybe the primers were not seated deep enough. Looks like I will be forced to buy a box of factoey ammo to see if it is my reloads or the gun again. If it is the gun I probably not send it back. Hate waiting 7 weeks. Probably buy a 1911. To bad cause I really like the gun.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I do not reload, but I have heard some guns can be sensitive to certain primers, having more misfires than normal only the other guys who reload would know more about that than me.

Wish I could reload, but I will only start that if my son wants to and he starts shooting more with me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had many misfires with my 24/7 pro 9mm on my first trip to the range, 15 out of 100 rounds had a misfire. I was shooting Fiocchi FMJ and was told by the range boss that their primers are commonly seated too deep. My second trip was using Remington UMC fmjs and they were better, but I still had quite few misfires. Subsequent trips and now a total of 550 rds through the gun have made me believe that the striker just needed some breaking in, as I have had very few misfires recently, with Winchester white box FMJ. Just my thoughts.

I've been lovin' the gun so far now!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Taurus24740cal said:
did you take out a loan for those 100 rounds? LOL... damn ammo prices!
Yep, anymore ammo is like gasoline; you pay a lot for the little you seem to receive.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went back to the range today and after checking my reloads before I went. I found about 3 that I thought the primer was not seated properly. Reseated them and off I went. I had no missfires in 200 rounds. I am still getting used to those sights though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts