Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
SAM_1948.JPG Was at the local range and a guy had his Ruger Wrangler out for the first time. When he was leaving he saw my Rough Rider and said "I have one of those things in the truck...Junk that is why I bought the Wrangler." I said oh, I like mine and he said want to buy mine? Went to the truck and he had it with a mag cylinder and a cheap holster. I asked how much and he said $100. I showed him with my phone..online new in box $129. He said how much....I said $75....he took it. Figured $75 would at least give me parts for my other 3. I bought it, took it back in the range and put 100 lr and 25 mag thru it....it shoots great. Actually more accurate than the one I had with me. Finally got a good deal I hear people talking about.

·
21,944 Posts
Sometimes you have to wait a long time to score a great deal. Makes it that much sweeter when it happens! Congratulations!

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'm just an old chunk of coal, but I'll be a diamond someday.
Good for you.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Nice deal, congrats.

·
Super Moderator
35,538 Posts
Great buy...the cylinder is worth 28-32 bucks. Congrats.

·
Registered
893 Posts
IMG_0051.JPG Alright, my head to head battle with MY Wrangler compared to the newly acquired Rough Rider from the man that sold me his ..."JUNK" Rough Rider. My Wrangler I would say is slightly more accurate but not by much..... not going to even blink an eye over the difference with my $75 RR and my $200 Wrangler.

Was using Winchester 36 gr cphp ammo. 555 WB on 6" targets.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Very nice score!
P.S. If anyone ever wants to drive to MN and sell me one in a private sale so I can get around the stupid melting point law I'll jump right on it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts