Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for one off and on for a while. I saw one some months ago at my LGS. He wanted $340 for it. I held off until he posted on Facebook this morning 25% off for Fathers Day. I drove over ... the Plinker was gone, sold.
Feeling dejected I came home and started looking on the internet. I found one, used but pics look good for $269 "buy it now" so I did.

Anxious to get my hands on and start "plinking"

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Your are going to really like that, I think! Wish that they were still in oroduction. Enjoy - and post a range report when you can!

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
535 Posts
Congrats!!! I have the exact same model! I am sure you'll be very happy with it. I DO want one with the 4 inch barrel now, though.

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
With mild enthusiasm I've looked for one for a few years. Being discontinued they're getting harder and harder to find. I priced Smiths and Rugers but they're more money than I'm willing to spend. I feel quite fortunate I found a Plinker. I wanted the 6" for its sight radius. It will be my front porch gun for critters that come into my yard. (I shot a ground hog yesterday with a Mini 14 with varmint tips that literally tore him to pieces). Hopefully its in good enough condition I'll be proud of it, the pics on GunBroker seem to indicate that it is. Serial number look up tell me it was made in 2012.

I like metal framed guns

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
After finally joining the Rossi club after all these years, I can tell you that Rossi is one of the best kept secrets ever! Mine is a stud!

I wish they would start importing again, I'd be inclined to buy more....

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked it up this morning at LGS. The pics the seller posted did not do it justice. Other than a hint of holster wear on the end of the barrel its perfect, not a scratch or speck of rust on it. I cleaned and oiled it and fired some rounds into a tree across the road, worked perfect. Checking accuracy is my next move.
Seeing it, my FFL asked how much I paid for it. After telling him he replied "you stole it, if I could find any I could sell the for $400 all day long"

This is my 4th used gun purchase in the last few years. so far I've been extremely lucky.

·
Super Moderator
35,456 Posts
I have a M511 Sportsman in .22LR. It's Rossi's J frame "kit gun".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts