Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got out to the range to try out the Sig (along with several others). First off, I have to say that I love fixed barrel blowback pistols. This gun is more accurate than I will ever be able to achieve. I ran about 100 rounds of various brands of 95gr fmj. The gun ran flawlessly. It took me about half a magazine to adjust to the gun. After that every round was in about a 2" group at 10 yards. My thumb did get a small abrasion from the slide serrations. I quickly adjusted my grip and everything was fine after that. Every round fed, fired and ejected as it should. This will definitely be one of the guns that I take along on every range trip.

The other .380 I had with me was my Kahr CW380. I was excited to put this one through it's paces and finally get it in the carry rotation. Things started off a bit bumpy with this one. The very first magazine failed to feed every round. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I took the gun apart on the bench to make sure everything was fine and I had assembled it correctly and it appeared fine. I carefully put it back together and started on the second mag with the same results. Getting frustrated, I decided to set it aside and come back to it later. After shooting a few other guns I made my way back to the little Kahr with a clear head and decided to try different ammo. I switched from the Fiocchi I was using to Winchester and it was like night and day! The Kahr was running like a Singer sewing machine. I tried some PMC bronze and that seemed to run well too. The Fiocchi has a slightly thicker case and I think the chamber on the Kahr is just too tight. Accuracy was decent for a little pocket pistol. All rounds were in about 5-6" group at 10 yards.

Next I moved to the PT-99 I picked up recently. Not much I can say about this one that you guys don't already know. It functioned flawlessly and was very accurate. I put 50 rounds of WWB through it. All rounds stayed inside the 8 ring of an 8" shoot N see target.

Next, I moved to the revolvers. First up was the 1914 Smith & Wesson .38 special. I ran 18 rounds of some mild hand loads through it. The gun is very accurate with a nice smooth trigger. The action is still solid but the original grips on this one are a bit small and it was difficult for me to maintain a secure grip. I think a "T" grip is in the future for this guy.

And that brings us to the Rossi 720. This was the most anticipated one of the day and it did not disappoint. The trigger is smooth as silk and the grip fits my hand like a glove. Recoil is mild and easily managed. The first five rounds were inside a 2" group just right of center. I fired 50 rounds of Fiocchi lead flat point "cowboy" loads. Due to cost and scarce supply I will be reloading for this one. I have another 70 rounds of factory ammo and will continue to add brass case ammo to the hoard as I come across it.

I'm sorry for the lack of pictures but the range I was at frowns upon people messing with their phones on the firing line.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
The Sig P23x is still as fine a shooter as can be found today. My P230 hasn't let me down in almost a quarter of a century now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts