Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been done before in a jet fighter (I know it's been done on propellor-driven aircraft), but this is really cool. Short landing, back into your parking space, and after work - short takeoff. What a great way to beat the traffic jams!

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
Love it. Never seen that before.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
One heck of an igniter on the afterburner! Most airlines have thrust reverses. Good for short landings. I guess it's worth the weight.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Sweet ! I always enjoyed Max Performance takeoffs.

Thrust-reversers can be useful in many instances. Saves wear and tear on brakes, and you don't have to deploy/recover/re-rig/reinstall a drag-chute. Did you see how short the landing rollout was? Measured in three digits of feet.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
I don't know if this has been done before in a jet fighter (I know it's been done on propellor-driven aircraft), but this is really cool. Short landing, back into your parking space, and after work - short takeoff. What a great way to beat the traffic jams!
Now they'll have to put arresting cables at the McDonald's drive-thrus.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
We saw an F22 Raptor in flight at the airshow in Cocoa Beach several years ago. That was the most amazing thing I've seen in the way of fighter aircraft. It hovered in place, reversed while hovering, inverted while hovering and then nosed up disappeared into the blue. It was unusually quiet (for a jet) when it came over the beach too. Never seen anything like that. If you ever get a chance to see one - do it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Ah but it can only do it on the ground..!! Get a load of the British designed and made Harrier.. doing it properly.. :giggle:

Reactions: JimmyA

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Saw Harriers several times at airshows over the years. That aircraft sits on the ground, lifts slightly drifts a bit and then ... nose up and GONE!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts