Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have wanted a 6.5 inch 455 in 45 acp for several years so I watched auction sites and Forums for several years and most that came up for sale were 4 inch versions. When the occasional 6.5 inch versions came up they were usually way too high for me with some being sold for twice the original price. This one came up on Gun B#@*er so I watched it and managed to pick it up for what I thought was a pretty good price. Now to load some ammo for the Range. Bad thing is I didn't get the key (don't use it anyway) and I only got 1 moon clip.
Seems to be in very good shape and locks up tight.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Congrats on your new to you revolver.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Nice! Congrats! That one can be a hard one to find, I know. I finally picked up mine about a year and a half ago from the local classifieds for $400, which I thought was a steal, given the demand, especially with no shipping, no background paperwork, and no sales tax. I went home with a huge grin. :) Enjoy your new wheelgun.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With some blasting reloads I went to the Range and this was my 25 yd groups, I shot the gun as it came to me and haven't adjusted the sights at all. I think it was pretty good for me as I have a cataract in my right eye and am due for surgery the end of this month.

·
Administrator
35,295 Posts
Congrats, thats a great looking 455, I'm glad you found what you wanted !

Reactions: se3388

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, after finally finding the 6.5 inch pistol I wanted and looking at all the 4 inch models you guys have I may have to pick up one of those.

Steve...........

Reactions: MR_22

·
Registered
880 Posts
Very nice

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Congratulations.

It's funny how there are so many folks out their who ignorantly trash-talk about the Taurus brand, yet so many of their discontinued firearms tend to be highly sought after and demand rather high prices on the used market.
Honestly, for all the folks who claim, "Taurus firearms don't hold their/appreciate in value." they're seldom seen on the used market and when they do go up for sale on consignment they tend to either go for just slightly less than a new model or in the case of discontinued models sell for significantly more than their MSRP. Such has been my experience, at least.

Reactions: MR_22

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree, how much did the 6.5 inch version sell for when they were still being produced?

Steve.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got to the Range again, using my left eye (I shoot right handed) I got some better groups @25 yds. Not sure what happened with that high one.

Steve...........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts