Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted one and never got one. I finally joined the 1911 club. What took me so long? I was actually shopping hard for a stainless PT92 and fell on this gem. Used but a safe queen all the way at a great price! My first but not last PT1911.

PT 1911 1.jpg

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I didn't intend to shoot my 1911 enough to justify reloading for it. I just wanted one
to be able to say I had one.

Boy was I wrong.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Generally the old War Horses run and shoot pretty good for most.
thats why they been with us for so long I guess.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Generally the old War Horses run and shoot pretty good for most.
thats why they been with us for so long I guess.
Are you referring to me or the gun?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Congrats on the pickup! That's on my bucket list.

Reactions: TonyC2639

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
Congrats on your new to you PT1911.

·
8,880 Posts
I didn't intend to shoot my 1911 enough to justify reloading for it. I just wanted one
to be able to say I had one.

Boy was I wrong.

All the Best,
D. White
Don't intend shooting enough to reload,, well that will take some self control. I don;t reload either, but run about 300 rounds a month through my 1911's or more. Nice pickup, you will be surprised that Taurus makes such a good shooter.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
You'll catch yourself wanting a stainless one...then a commander size, then an officer size...then you'll catch yourself looking for a Para Ordinance Warthog or ATI Fatboy....

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't intend shooting enough to reload,, well that will take some self control. I don;t reload either, but run about 300 rounds a month through my 1911's or more. Nice pickup, you will be surprised that Taurus makes such a good shooter.
Thankfully I have been reloading for years. I am retired and have a 200 yard range as my back yard. Realistically I HAVE to reload!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I picked up my first in May of last year RIA 9mm picked up my second in December a Taurus PT 1911 45 ACP now I am looking for a 38 Super in 1911. I am addicted to them.

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
You'll catch yourself wanting a stainless one...then a commander size, then an officer size...then you'll catch yourself looking for a Para Ordinance Warthog or ATI Fatboy....
all this 1911 addiction and wanting different kinds of 1911 is just old wives tales and internet folk lore I tell ya!

Attachments

·
22,952 Posts

Now here's the real question; have you shot it yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now here's the real question; have you shot it yet?
Lol well normally my strict routine is to shoot it as soon as I get home so inside of 30 minutes. In this case my FFL (who works from his house) wanted to try it
so we put fifty rounds through it within minutes in his back yard.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I'm already considering a full size military model.

This could get expensive.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Administrator
40,258 Posts
1911s are like potato chips. You can't have just one. I can't resist looking at and fondling just about every one I come across.

Congratulations on your new to you, PT1911!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts