Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if I'm following a stereotypical pattern. Since the end of 2017, I've been evaluating and culling my firearms collection. I'm culling more than I'm buying. When I do acquire something new, it has to really tick off all the boxes for me. First round of culling was at the end of 2017, I purchased a S&W 629 5" with full under lug and had cash in my pocket. The second culling was near two months ago. With the proceeds, I built an AR-15 from a Spikes Tactical unicorn lower. I still had a grand in store credit until today.

Kriss Vector SDP 9mm, braced. I still have two or three more firearms to cull, but I'm not in a hurry. There's nothing on the market that really interests me.

·
Registered
14,128 Posts
LOL, Ha Ha Ha, I sure got a big ole belly laugh out of reading this post up until the end where the Kriss Vector was mentioned as a purchase.

Nothing personal and please don't take my comment offensively...………..but, I thought that I was reading an old post of mine!!!!! See, I have had so many LAST PRUCHASE GUNS, that I have had to stop having Last Purchases. Seems that one will always slip into my shopping cart and follow me home.

Congratulations on your new KV, can't wait to read your first outing review on it, I've heard good things.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
LOL, Ha Ha Ha, I sure got a big ole belly laugh out of reading this post up until the end where the Kriss Vector was mentioned as a purchase.

Nothing personal and please don't take my comment offensively...………..but, I thought that I was reading an old post of mine!!!!! See, I have had so many LAST PRUCHASE GUNS, that I have had to stop having Last Purchases. Seems that one will always slip into my shopping cart and follow me home.

Congratulations on your new KV, can't wait to read your first outing review on it, I've heard good things.
Yeah, I read the title and said to myself "jonrjen is at it again".......

I think I called you out on every "last gun" you purchased...

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Way too early in the year to make that claim, I have made the same assertion in December...and been wrong.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Waaaay too early in the year to declare "final"...congrats, hope you like it. I personally don't like the look or feel of a KV (particularly the look), but if you dig it, that's what counts. (Keep in mind that one of my goals is to get a Keltec RDB...)

·
Registered
36,916 Posts

YEA!
Jon fell off the old Last Gun Purchase wagon so many times he is the only person that I have ever known that was kicked out of Firearms anonymous!!!

·
Super Moderator
37,571 Posts
Congrats on the new firearm, looking forward to the (last) range report of the year! ;)

I was thinking there was nothing which interests me...then began thinking of a 10mm...either compact or carbine...or both. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
Congrats on the new firearm, looking forward to the (last) range report of the year! ;)

I was thinking there was nothing which interests me...then began thinking of a 10mm...either compact or carbine...or both. :rolleyes:
what in the world do you want one of them thangs for???
1) Eaa Elite match
2) RIA Ultra
3) Eaa standard witness

Attachments

Reactions: jwc007 and jonrjen

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Ha ha ha, I thought it was just me that said crap like that! Nice gun OP! ;)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Okay - so this year I am GOING to buy a property to rent as an AirBnB. I’m going to expand my self employed side and keep rolling toward further success and bigger number$.

As a small aside I’ll also pick up the pace is my IDPA ventures. I’ve shot a LOT of SSP and adding some new variations will also add some spice to life!

Sig P320 - great price, nice to try in CCP, traded a Kahr 9mm on that — got to change the front night sight though to trit/fiber optic — need more mags too.

Need a new pocket gun too - great, I’ll also shoot BUG class with a new Sig P365. Sights are great but even though the gun will hold 10 +1, 9mm - you can only load 6! Need more mags, holster, pouches etc. Piffle!

Ready to shoot the new pistol caliber carbine class too. I like my Beretta CX4 with the trigger job BUT then I see some hot-shoe buddies shooting a different retical on red dots - 2 moa with a 65 MOA Circle around it. I shoot one. It rocks!!
Hey, it’s just a few hundred to get on that wagon. No problem, right!? Ordered one today.

I don’t ‘collect’ - rather, I stay current with what meshes with my interests, trying to make good deals along the way.
While I don’t see any end in sight, I do pretty well working ‘gun equity’ in my favor or taking losses that the fun factor exceeds.

* family = 3 generations of car dealers ;)

·
Super Moderator
37,571 Posts
^^ Would you buy a used gun from this man...yes, yes I would! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts