Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

been thinking of installing some fiber optics on my pt840 but can't seem to get an answer on what sights fit it, thinking hiviz due to lower cost. if anyone know's what model # would best fit please give me help.

thank's goose

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Hello all,

been thinking of installing some fiber optics on my pt840 but can't seem to get an answer on what sights fit it, thinking hiviz due to lower cost. if anyone know's what model # would best fit please give me help.

thank's goose
We have been having this discussion in multiple threads here:
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...-firesights-vs-hi-viz-pt145-milpro-pt640.html

Several of us have decided to use a hybrid combo of a Williams #70969 adjustable rear sight with a HiViz front sight (these are for the DOVETAIL models only!)

Williams has fixed and adjustable for Taurus auto's with the screw mount and the dovetail mount. HiViz has fixed sights for the same models.

Pistol Fire Sight Sets by WILLIAMS Gun Sight Company, Inc.

Taurus - Handgun Sights - Products

Whichever you get, shop around as these are all often available at a substantial discount off of list price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We share the same idea goose67. My unit is a PT840e and I am from the Philippines which make it more difficult to look for sight replacements. I was able to contact Novak sights (through email) and based on their correspondence their fiber optic sights for 24/7 will sit well with the 800 series. I also emailed trijicon. Will update you if they replied soon. Anyway, I would appreciate it if you have other ideas or better yet if you can post the pics once you have actually replaced your sights. That way, I wont have to risk ordering the sights that wont work. Thanks

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
We share the same idea goose67. My unit is a PT840e and I am from the Philippines which make it more difficult to look for sight replacements. I was able to contact Novak sights (through email) and based on their correspondence their fiber optic sights for 24/7 will sit well with the 800 series. I also emailed trijicon. Will update you if they replied soon. Anyway, I would appreciate it if you have other ideas or better yet if you can post the pics once you have actually replaced your sights. That way, I wont have to risk ordering the sights that wont work. Thanks
Novak sells fiber optic sights? Weird.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I emailed Trijicon the other day and got the reply, they did not have sights available for the 24/7 or the pt140.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts