Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, folks. I am really interested in a 24/7. After firing it at a gun show, I was quite impressed. In fact, it impressed me more then XD-9. In any case: here are the questions:
1) Are there any differences between 24/7 Long Slide and 24/7 OSS? I mean in barrel length, quality of the barrel, frame, return spring, and all other stuff.
2) What is a good source for CHEAP 24/7 high capacity mags in 9mm. I firmly believe that there is a problem if 10 high capacity mags will cost you as much as the gun does.
3) Anyone knows if anyone makes an aftermarket barrels in 357 SIG for Taurus 24/7?

Thank you

D

·
Administrator
18,181 Posts
As for Magazines, I got my 3 extra 17 round 9mm 24/7 Magazines from CDNN Investments. They were one source that had the best price on them, as of this writing.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/taurus.html

Also, 24/7's come shipped with two magazines.

The main difference between the 24/7 Pro LS and the 24/7 OSS is that the OSS has a decocking feature incorporated into the Safety, for a DA first shot with a loaded chamber. The regular 24/7 Pro's are mostly SA with a DA restrike capability. There are also subtle differences, such as a Lanyard Ring at the bottom of the grip, Slide Finish, and Frame Color options for the OSS.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Unfortunantly, it doesn't say if it comes with the extension piece. Would be a shame if it didn't, having to swap the piece back and forth.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The mag spacers have not been included in the bubble-packed cards from Taurus or anyone else I've tried. Still a mystery, short of stealing one out of a new gun setup. Seems strange that the demand has not caused Taurus to market these for about $20.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Long Ago LEO said:
The mag spacers have not been included in the bubble-packed cards from Taurus or anyone else I've tried. Still a mystery, short of stealing one out of a new gun setup. Seems strange that the demand has not caused Taurus to market these for about $20.
In the 2008 catalog on page 51 they list the SPACER 9MM PN 26118947 and SPACER 40CAL PN 26118955. I think these are the spacers that go on the full sized magazines. I don't know if they are available yet, I'll give Taurus a call on Monday. They also list the compact magazines as 24/7C-13 and 24/7C-40-11.

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
dalepres said:
What are the mag spacers? Is that the little plastic part at the bottom of the mag?
I believe so. Taurus is closed today obviously, I'll try to call them tomorrow and verify that is the correct part.

Bob

·
Registered
382 Posts
dalepres said:
What are the mag spacers? Is that the little plastic part at the bottom of the mag?
Here are some pics of mine.

The spacer continues the grip to the bottom of the extended magazine without an awkward space.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ah.. Called the Magazine Base in the parts diagram. Got it. That seems particularly troublesome if they do not come with the 36 dollar magazine. Well, to make the gun worth using, I need a couple more magazines and if I have to buy the magazine bases from Taurus at additional cost, I guess I will just have to do so. That is just really stupid to package and sell a magazine that isn't complete.

Whoops. I re-examined the pictures. I don't think the OSS needs it - or it is molded in. The magazine base sits flush with the back part of the molded grip.

The manual does show a removable lanyard loop, though, which mine doesn't have. And a removable lanyard loop seems scary. If it "self-removes" while you're depending on the lanyard you may lose your weapon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
dalepres said:
Ah.. Called the Magazine Base in the parts diagram. Got it. That seems particularly troublesome if they do not come with the 36 dollar magazine. Well, to make the gun worth using, I need a couple more magazines and if I have to buy the magazine bases from Taurus at additional cost, I guess I will just have to do so. That is just really stupid to package and sell a magazine that isn't complete.

Whoops. I re-examined the pictures. I don't think the OSS needs it - or it is molded in. The magazine base sits flush with the back part of the molded grip.

The manual does show a removable lanyard loop, though, which mine doesn't have. And a removable lanyard loop seems scary. If it "self-removes" while you're depending on the lanyard you may lose your weapon.
The spacers are needed for the 9mm 24/7 Pro Compacts when using the 17rd mags.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bobcape said:
In the 2008 catalog on page 51 they list the SPACER 9MM PN 26118947 and SPACER 40CAL PN 26118955. I think these are the spacers that go on the full sized magazines. I don't know if they are available yet, I'll give Taurus a call on Monday. They also list the compact magazines as 24/7C-13 and 24/7C-40-11.

Bob
I talked to Taurus today. They have the magazine spacers available. The part numbers are listed above. This is only for the 24/7 Pro Compact. It is the little plastic piece that slips over the full capacity magazine and makes it into an "extended grip" type magazine. This is just the spacer, not including the magazine itself. The price is $7.35 each plus shipping. Seems a little steep, but I haven't found anywhere else that sells them. So, you can buy the full capacity magazines here for about $30 and then buy the spacers from Taurus for another $7.35 and then add shipping times 2.

Just think of the new combinations of cussing you can invent when you step on one when practicing speed reloads while moving from 7 to 10 yards! Ouch!

Bob

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
Not to mention the bullets move 500 fps. faster and hit with an extra 200 ft/lbs.
rwcreigh said:
you know it
paulrabe78 said:
I hope no one believes our bulls#!t on here.
I guess Flyer has not installed the BS alarm on this site!! I know we have one on the site I work on. :rolleyes: :???: :D

You all are just as nutty as the rest of us, so what makes you think we believe a thing you type!! :eek: ;) :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts