Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been so proud of my PT1911, as it's run perfect for about 500 rnds until today (in a match of course) it failed to feed 3 times. 2 of those were after a slide lock, failing to feed the first rnd from the new mag, leaving it catty-wampus half way into the chamber.
(Wilson mags). Gun was clean. Same ammo and mags I've been using successfully.

Has anyone else had similar feeding problem?? ......Thanx.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not likely. Every round was "chamber checked" as last step of reloading.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Chamber checked? you mean you dropped a every round in a chamber? Btw did you adjust the OAL at all?

I had the same thing happen with my P220 on my last time to the range. I was shooting a new load with longer OAL I think it was too long for the gun...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Grey Wolf, I call it "chamber check" but maybe it has a better name. After I seat the bullet, I drop the finished round in the chamber of a 45 ACP barrel. If it falls all the way in under it's own weight, and is flush at the back end, and falls out under it's own weight when I tip it up, I call it "good to go", and put it in my "range ready" box. It only takes a second or two, and has worked well so far. (I think).

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Thats what I call it too... I just wasn't sure I knew what you ment; (checking every round is a LOT of work). I just measure the OAL of a few rounds when I start a new batch with a digital caliper...I only chember check if there is a problem with going into battery etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gray Wolf......I may have spoke too soon about OAL and my reloads. Seems my reloads are a little shorter than factory (1.21" vs 1.25") and that may contribute to the feeding problem. I'll play w/ that some and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts