Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody post a pic of the feed ramp on their blued PT1911? Mine isn't exactly...polished... I'm interested in comparing ramps. If it isn't I'll be giving Taurus a call. To be clear, I can see my reflection in my 24/7's feed ramp; No such luck with the 1911.

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I don't have a digital camera. If I did I would simply post a pic of mine, but my wife is out of town and took it with her.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got a hold of the camera. The spots are dry lube, not water spots or anything like that.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Get a felt bullet pad for your dremel... use it till it shines like a new penny!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had feeding problems with hollow points; They will get stuck about half way up the ramp. Also have ejecting problems with hollow points when clearing the gun, but thats another thread...

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Send it in. It looks rough, not polished. Have Taurus fix it, or send you a new one.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
dcphoto said:
Finally got a hold of the camera. The spots are dry lube, not water spots or anything like that.

Given the engraving running perpendicular to the bullet feed path, my guess is that someone has tried to polish the ramp without knowing what they were doing.

There should be no such engravings, and if done in desperation then it should at least run in the same directions at the bullet feed.

If you use a dremel to "fix" this then use a felt pad with polish in successive grades of rouge until you have it polished.

I have had tremendous luck using Muther's Aluminum felt polish which will liquefy almost immediately, wipe clean and repeat until you have a nice reflection in the slide feed ramp.

·
Super Moderator
21,805 Posts
I think I might have one

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cimarron said:
Given the engraving running perpendicular to the bullet feed path, my guess is that someone has tried to polish the ramp without knowing what they were doing.

There should be no such engravings, and if done in desperation then it should at least run in the same directions at the bullet feed.

If you use a dremel to "fix" this then use a felt pad with polish in successive grades of rouge until you have it polished.

I have had tremendous luck using Muther's Aluminum felt polish which will liquefy almost immediately, wipe clean and repeat until you have a nice reflection in the slide feed ramp.
Purchased the gun new, and have never done any work on it. Shoot, I was afraid to detail strip the gun until I saw your post. I sent it to Taurus today to be fixed. We'll see what happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts