Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I just picked up my third Taurus. It's a PT145, at least a third generation (there might be a fourth?). I haven't shot it yet, but after giving it the initial clean up, I noticed a nice fat scratch on the left side of the feed ramp. Now I doubt this will effect function, but it's a blemish and a fairly sizable and deep cut. I don't want to wait two months for Taurus to fix it (have had to do it too much in the past), so I think I'll let a friend of mine who is a fellow dealer, at the gun shop I work at, have a go with at it with a Dremel. He's very experienced so I have full confidence in him. My question is just how much can I polish down the feed ramp? Like I said, it's a somewhat deep scratch at the far left of the ramp. I'd like to post some pics if I could, but my camera is down. As a last resort, will Taurus just send me a new barrel if I send the old one in? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Take a look at my picture I posted in the gallery on Nov 21. I had one that had a plated over gouge. It got replaced. The whole gun was replaced.

I believe it is in Taurus automatic area.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The feed ramp area is very thick and you can go down couple thousandth of an inch..........i do not think that it will be a problem. the glock barrels are very rough and i have polished them down to a mirror finish with no problems. I would say start off with a 800 grits sand paper and then work your way down then finish with the jeweler's polish.
NOTE: MAKE SURE ITS A SCRATCH AND NOT A CRACK!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 24/7 pro compact, 9mm and the darn thing has maybe two problems, but sisnce I see the feed ramp question I have one also. I have no problem with ball ammo but JHP seem to keep the slide from fully closing. I can push it the i/8 inch closed with my thumb. I noticed the feed ramp looks as if it has not been fully "Chromed" on the left side. it is not a scratch but I can catch it with my fingernail, Could this be causing the the HP round to catch up and not fully chamber? I have sent the gun into Tauraus twice, due to MF's and the first time they sent it back saying they replaced the recoil and firing pin spring I sent it back and they returned it stating they replaced the recoil spring!! I had hardly used it !! I told them in a letter to fix !!!! and shoot it before returning. I cannot trust it as ccw and I cannot afford to return it again. It has been worthless to me. also I am not that bad a shooter as the weapon makes me out to be. I'm lucky to hit 9 inch paper plate from 25 ft. Any ideas on the feed ramp? or the fact that the slide does not fully close, (after two new recoil springs.)
Uneasy [email protected] :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts