Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Yup I know what kind of powder it is.I cant tell ya though. Also between our different powder lots our charges can differ a full grain from what they were the last time we ran the same product.
Yep!!
no matter how hard the powder manufactures try they just can't produce the exact same powder each and every time they produce a lot of it, so things change even with the pros.
thats why I personally never load to a full max load on anyhting, leave a bit for fluctuations.
I mean is a bad guy deader with a projectile hitting at 1200 feet per second more than hitting him at 1175 feet per second?

Reactions: dowby77
Is reloading your own ammunition really cost effective? or do you just do it so you can say you reload your own ammo/ or the fun of it?
depends on how you go about it actually!
for me 380, 38 spl, 9mm run me about 6.25-6.50 per box of 50, 38 Super , 45 acp runs about 8.50-8.75 per box of 50.
this includes shipping and haz mat fees figured in.
thats quite a bit of savings, especially in the 380, 38 super and 45 acp.
also if you get into the "exotic" loadings of all copper projectiles and even in the 38 super self defens eammo, well its just not available in certain calibers, and if it is it cost an arm and leg for 20 rounds.

I just got one. A pretty little blue one with a silver shank.
Had a bunch to unload because I'm a noobie and set the boolits too far in to the case.
Got a caliper now too. 8)
ITs a well known fact that the Blue ones with the silver handles are superior to the others!
yea that caliper will likely do away with a lot of that deep seating, although i was looking for one that had pictures on it, all them lil numbers are quite confusing!

Actually this is my plinking ammo.
It shoots better than the 115 FMJ.
I have a box of factory stuff for SD.
Yep, me too!
I normally use a 115 grain round nose but Midway has had the Rainers 115 gr, hollow point on sale and so i can actually get 1000 projectiles of HP cheaper than the R/N.
Plus if I decide to shoot a few Zombie targets at the range i feel a little more secure using the hollow points!

Reactions: dowby77
To reduce the depth so the case sticks out, otherwise it fits flush when empty.
OK, that makes sense and i have never compared them but??
could you not just use 380 ammo plastic cases??
I would think they would natuarally be shorter??
that would save the candle wax fo other purposes, AAhh say like candle making and such!-LOL
of course years ago reloaders would take a piece of wood and drill holes of the right diameter to use as loading blocks.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
OK, that makes sense and i have never compared them but??
could you not just use 380 ammo plastic cases??
I would think they would natuarally be shorter??
that would save the candle wax fo other purposes, AAhh say like candle making and such!-LOL
of course years ago reloaders would take a piece of wood and drill holes of the right diameter to use as loading blocks.
Well, since I don't have a 380, no reason to buy the ammo just for the plastic holder.
And I thought of the wood block thingy, but don't have a 10mm drill bit.
$10 for a loading block at Bass was ridiculous. Just a piece of plastic with holes in it.

Well, since I don't have a 380, no reason to buy the ammo just for the plastic holder.
And I thought of the wood block thingy, but don't have a 10mm drill bit.
$10 for a loading block at Bass was ridiculous. Just a piece of plastic with holes in it.
I figured that you might be able to pick some up at the range in the trash can??
Yea, man those Bass prices are lets say!
different and unusual!
I think i paid about 4-5 bucks for mine from Midway, I like the Lyman universal loading blocks the best, they work for all my various pistol calibers (and rifle ,although i don't load rifles) and they hold 50 rounds, never could figure out why RCBS blocks only hold 40 rounds, other than that and having the RCBS price on them I like them.

ITs a well known fact that the Blue ones with the silver handles are superior to the others!
yea that caliper will likely do away with a lot of that deep seating, although i was looking for one that had pictures on it, all them lil numbers are quite confusing!

OK here's a tip you might not know.
I got so frustrated trying to fit the bullets into those stupid little bitty collets with the o ring. I kept dropping them all over the place. So now I use either the case holder on the reloader or the case trimmer shell holder. Works great!

OK here's a tip you might not know.
I got so frustrated trying to fit the bullets into those stupid little bitty collets with the o ring. I kept dropping them all over the place. So now I use either the case holder on the reloader or the case trimmer shell holder. Works great!
Thanks!!
I will remember that "IF" i ever need to use mine!---Griiiin!!

Reactions: BBGun
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.