Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go to Wmart this morning and thought I would hang out to see what showed up for ammo. 100 packs of 9mm in both Federal and Winchester! Got my boxes of Federal...now if it would warm up a range session is in the works.

Now I am on the lookout for unicorns and Bigfoot. I'll report back when I see them.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Keep your eyes pealed for some .22 LR, they seem to be rarer than hens teeth in these parts....

·
Registered
913 Posts
And the clouds parted, and a chorus of angels sang. A single beam of light shone down upon the ammo counter as a disembodied voice pronounced "it is good."

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you know what time the ammo goes out and use the heck out of the wally world app you can find ammo. Just have to be vigilant.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Wal-mart in Roxboro NC had four 100 count boxes of Winchester
FMJ range ammo in .40 this morning. They had a box of Winchester
.45 Auto FMJ too. No line at all.

OOps! It's gone!

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you know what time the ammo goes out and use the heck out of the wally world app you can find ammo. Just have to be vigilant.
translated= if you have no life, stock all the walmarts in your area. when you figure out there pattern, get there at 6:30am and wait IN LINE and MAYBE you can get ammo.

the real world = people have families and jobs.

this is the problem with this ammo crisis. people are freaking the hell out. if people went and got a life, and didnt scour the earth and online all day everyone else would be able to buy ammo just like before. i mean give me a break, i get emails from midway that the rare 9mm is in stock for $14.99. i click on the link and guess what? they are sold out. sold out in seconds. you have these losers with no life, searching online all day long every minute of the day just to buy ammo, for what purpose? what are you buying all this ammo for? guys, go outside, get some fresh air. go shooting! go do something and stop being losers on your computers constantly refreshing the ammo site page. if you are resellers i dont take kindly to resellers.

this is so ******frusterating

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
translated= if you have no life, stock all the walmarts in your area. when you figure out there pattern, get there at 6:30am and wait IN LINE and MAYBE you can get ammo.

this is the problem with this ammo crisis. people are freaking the****out. if people went and got a life, and didnt scour the earth and online all day everyone else would be able to buy ammo just like before. i mean give me a break, i get emails from midway that the rare 9mm is in stock for $14.99. i click on the link and guess what? they are sold out. sold out in seconds. you have these losers with no fucking life, searching online all day long every minute of the day just to buy ammo, for what purpose? what are you buying all this ammo for? guys, go outside, get some fresh air. go shooting! go do something and stop being losers on your computers constantly refreshing the ammo site page. if you are resellers, . i dont take kindly to resellers.

You really should watch your language here bud....some people DO NOT appreciate it....!!!!!!!!!!!!:judge:

·
Registered
896 Posts

this is the problem with this ammo crisis. people are freaking the hell out. if people went and got a life, and didnt scour the earth and online all day everyone else would be able to buy ammo just like before. i mean give me a break, i get emails from midway that the rare 9mm is in stock for $14.99. i click on the link and guess what? they are sold out. sold out in seconds. you have these losers with no life, searching online all day long every minute of the day just to buy ammo, for what purpose? what are you buying all this ammo for? guys, go outside, get some fresh air. go shooting! go do something and stop being losers on your computers constantly refreshing the ammo site page. if you are resellers i dont take kindly to resellers.

Hmm...Sounds like someone wants to throw the competition off their track!
Sounds like a good ploy but I CAN SEE RIGHT THRU YOU AND YOUR SCHEME!
No, Just kidding.

Its the same here. Last time we had .22 LR was about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Come on fellows let's rein in our explicit language on here we do have ladies and younger people on the forum.

JTRACC, regarding your feelings on the ammo supplies and while I can understand your frustration you need to remember that there are a number of us on here who have put in 50 plus years working in order to be able to retire and enjoy life. Maybe some of us are guilty of hoarding ammo, but the fact that we can get to Wal-Mart in the mornings when they stock the ammo shelves is one of the perks of being retired. Personally I very seldom buy ammo from Wal-Mart as I can usually find what I want at other smaller local shops for about the same or even lower prices.

SO LET'S WATCH THE LANGUAGE AND KEEP IT PG RATED AS WE DO HAVE SOME YOUNGER PEOPLE AND LADIES ON HERE AND THE "F" WORD IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

·
32,851 Posts
The language problem is being addressed.

Having a potty mouth around here can be good reason for a permanent vacation.

Many of us are frustrated as well at the lack of ammo and the shortages for ALL of the reasons there are for them when they do happen.

That does not mean one has to go off the deep end about it. Venting in a mature and proper manner is one thing. It is quite another to lose it.

That's why perusing and keeping an eye on sites like Ammo :: Ammunition :: Ammo For Sale : Cheap Ammo : Find Ammunition at AmmoSeek.com, AmmoEngine: .375 H&H Magnum, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals, AIM Surplus Home, GunBot find 223 5.56 AR-15 ammo in stock, and AmmoNow.com - Searching the web for the best ammunition prices, 25+ retailers all in one place as often as one is able to helps with some of the frustration.

Even the gun auction sites like Guns For Sale at GunAuction.com , Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com, and Guns For Sale, Gun Auctions, Buy and Sell Guns, Online are sources as well.

No, they are not perfect, but even ordering the ammo ahead of time, if one can, can be of some help.

That or start hand loading ammo, yes, there are problems there too, can take care of some of the problems.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Wait wait wait.....you tell them not to buy ammo then tell them to go out and shoot? Are they loading their gins with hopes and wishes with someone behind them popping balloons (keep it under 10)?

I check the Walmart app often at work. I drive right by Walmart on my way home from work. They stock it at 730ish. The perks of worki night shift (and the bonus). No line, no waiting, and a two ammo cans full of 9mm and 45 Cal each. When we shoot, we SHOOT. Last outing we sent almost 2k rounds down range.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I'm neither a reseller or stalker. I am a nice guy who talks to the sporting goods people and walk by ammo on the shelves when I don't need it. The people there know that and are willing to give me a heads up when I am looking for something. It is nothing for me to shoot 200-300 rounds a week and I do like to replace what I shoot. I am not freaking out, and I have been able to keep my supply of ammo at a reasonable amount through this whole thing. Oh yeah, I work 70 hours a week and have 2 kids. I spend 5 minutes at night on an Iphone app and if it shows something in stock, I show up when the ammo goes on the shelf. If you aren't willing to do the same, that's fine, but don't go on a rant because I put in a little effort (very little).

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
granthol, glad you scored some ammo, have fun at the range.

Response from nearest Walmart to me is always the same, don't know when it is coming, we put it on the shelf when it gets here, no set time for deliveries. This is a 24 hour Walmart that seems to do most of the stocking in the late night early morning hours.I have seen them one time on a Friday at 7 pm stocking the Ammo case. This was in August last year. I have a friend who knows a lady that works the ammo case, she tells him the same thing.

As far as last night goes I did stop at Walmart they had a good mix (.410, 12ga, 20ga) of shot gun shells, 1 box of .270 and 1 box of 7mm. No pistol ammo of any kind. Asked when the last time was they got any .22lr in and they just laughed at me. I also noticed more of the ammo display case is being filled with expensive fishing reels, at least the ammo price stickers have not been removed from those shelves yet. :(

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The whole point of the post was kind of tongue in cheek. I looked all day today and saw neither a unicorn or bigfoot. Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
913 Posts
The whole point of the post was kind of tongue in cheek. I looked all day today and saw neither a unicorn or bigfoot. Maybe tomorrow.
Look out for a yeti, or Ed next door, they will eat your Wheat Thins.

·
Registered
15,643 Posts
I know that this may sound weird as this is about the only social networking I do BUT.... Check for ammo shoppers on facebook in your area. Many will score some great catches and will pick some up and post it for about what it cost them. I've gotten the skinny on where and whens to hit up Cabelas (8:40AM in my area) and you should be in the first 5-10 people in line. I prefer Saturday ventures as it doesn't interfere with a work schedule. The Cabelas down here says 3 boxes of 50 or less per caliber. for 22's, it's 3 boxes of 50 or less or 1 box of 51 or more. I scored 1 box of Federal 22LR 525 CT from another member on FB for 25 bucks, I've shown up at Cabelas at 8:50 and was 13th in line and scored a 325 ct box of Chootems (CCI Mini Mags) for like 22.95, 2 boxes of PMC 9MM for 14.99 and a box of hertzers aluminum cased 45 ACP with the nylon coated bullets for 23.95 (because I've never tried them before). These were deals that my wife found via her FB ammo hunters connections.

Finding ammo is the new style of hunting. you have to learn the patterns of your prey, know when to set up to stalk them and know when to move in for the kill. OMG, I'm sounding like my wife's GF's talking about shopping for Shoes... ACK, MAKE IT STOP.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Wal-Mart has actually been my go-to for 100pks and bricks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts